Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How did you pick your goal weight (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182122)

skinnbones Mon, May-03-04 06:09

How did you pick your goal weight

I was wondering how y'all picked your goal weight. Have you changed your goal since starting this WOL? Thanks in advance.

cartmanis Mon, May-03-04 06:51

Figured out my lean body mass at the start, added 18% body fat, and used that. Figure when I hit it, I'll have to re-adjust, since I'm sure my lean body mass has gone down with not carrying the extra weight all the time.

sandi24 Mon, May-03-04 06:57

I looked at the weight chart on fitday.com.. enter in your weight and then look for a healthy weight for your height. I aimed at an easy goal, knowing that when I get there I will then aim another 10 - 15lbs less which will be for my own comfort, the good thing attaining my initial goal is that it will be a healthy weight for me so anything lower than that will be a bonus ;)

AFwife Mon, May-03-04 07:00

I'm going by what I weighed before when I was a size 6.

I'll decide if I need to weigh less once I hit goal.

For now 145 looks good.

Fatkat Mon, May-03-04 07:04

I set 3 goal. 180, 155, 145. I tried setting the 145 goal in the begining but it looked so far away that I would get discouraged.

Good Luck,
Kat

Demi Mon, May-03-04 07:12

I'm looking at around 145-147 to be about right for my goal - but may change it slightly up or down a few pounds when I get close to it, will depend how I and my body feel at the time :)

Txang72 Mon, May-03-04 07:25

I kind of went by what I used to weigh before then took into account my age and what I would feel good at. I've met one of my mini goals which was 175. My next goal is 150, and that was my target goal, but I've since changed it to 140. That is also in the target "healthy" weight range for a person my age and height.

Alina Mon, May-03-04 07:30

I remembered that about 154 lbs which is 70 kilograms for me, used be my 'feel good weight'. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get there for years; with Atkins it took me a year and I'm still losing :)

Paris Mon, May-03-04 07:36

I've never been thin or even moderately overweight so I had no idea what number to chose. I finally went with the nice, round 150 which is right in the middle for a healthy weight at my height. When I get there, I may reevaluate and go lower, but for now it looks good.

w0rd Mon, May-03-04 08:05

i set one big goal 180 to 140 and worked my way down with mini goals.. when i hit 140 i knew i could push myself even more and went down to 120. etc etc.. i got down to 115 but have gained 5 lbs.

mini goals seem to help a lot

[i wasn't low-carbing at the time.. i was low-fat.. it should work the same way though]

shoer Mon, May-03-04 08:13

I weighed 120 for most of my life before the pounds started creeping up to 166. I figured 130 was 10 lbs over that. I'm at 141 now and it already feels really good!

Petrina31 Mon, May-03-04 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris
I've never been thin or even moderately overweight so I had no idea what number to chose. I finally went with the nice, round 150 which is right in the middle for a healthy weight at my height. When I get there, I may reevaluate and go lower, but for now it looks good.

I adopted the Paris method as well. On Fitday too, 150 is within the healthy weight range for my particular height but not way deep in the healthy range. I felt it was a reachable goal that I could very possibly exceed.

adkpam Mon, May-03-04 08:44

I decided that 135 would get me back into a size 12 (I'm quite tall, have long arms & legs) so that was my goal, based on what I used to weigh & how my clothes fit then.

When I hit 147 and fit into a size ten, I declared that home base.

calico32 Mon, May-03-04 08:55

It's on my drivers license. I weighed nearly 100lbs more, but I still kept 150 on there. Isn't that ridiculous? Once I hit goal, I'll re-evaluate.

blue4lemon Mon, May-03-04 08:58

I picked mine because it is a weight I liked on me that I had maintained in my last year of high school, even though it IS almost 15-20 lbs heavier than I was in the beginning of high school, and I had not gotten any taller. I would say at that point I was 120 lbs. I would just like to get to 140 and then see what happens. 140 is fine with me.