Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Found a new yogurt (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181997)

cpreece Sun, May-02-04 13:15

Found a new yogurt

I'm moving onto OWL and want to start adding yogurt to my diet. While looking at the different varieties, something caught my eye. Hood Carb Countdown has come out with a line of yogurt. Chocolate , strawberry, and french vanilla. The French Vanilla only has 2 net carbs. I bought some to try tomorrow along with my salad. I have been wanting yogurt for so long.

dixiemamma Sun, May-02-04 13:18

I love yogurt and so do my kids... I have some in the fridge teasing me as I type.. it keeps callin my name and I have told it to shut up, but its hearing aid must be turned down CAUSE IT WONT SHUT UP! lol.

You'll have to post how it tastes! I would LOVE to get some good, low carb kind!

Britgrl Sun, May-02-04 13:19

I've heard about this yogurt and I've been looking everywhere for it. What store did you find this at? Thanks

cpreece Sun, May-02-04 13:22

I found it at Publix. I've never seen it before so they must have added it very recently.

PecanPie Sun, May-02-04 13:46

Hi - my colleague got the hood brand of yogurt at Super Walmart. She had the blueberry which had 3 net carbs for 6 oz and 80 calories, as opposed to the 5 net carbs, 6 oz 90 calories for the Blue Bunny brand (carb options?) or 3 net carbs, 4 oz 60 calorie Dannon brand. I have had both of the latter two, like them equally but since I watch calories and carbs I want to try the Hood brand and plan to do that as soon as the ones I have in the fridge are gone. I add fruit or nutrageous cereal to mine and love it!

PecanPie

Moonwalker Sun, May-02-04 14:39

Both the Hood and the Blue Bunny are really good.. the Blue Bunny has the texture of real yogurt a little bit more than the hood.

NoSunNoFun Mon, May-03-04 07:40

Great tip here-

Freeze them!! Freeze them and there a frozen creamer treat! I love to have one in the evening when hubby is having his full fat,sugary icecream.
To me there is nothing better than frozen yogart!
:)

NoSunNoFun-

osuzana Mon, May-03-04 07:44

Are there sugar alcohols in them?

Petrina31 Mon, May-03-04 08:06

Hood has also come out with some delicious yogurt smoothies as well. I don't believe there are any sugar alcohols in these - just splenda.

calico32 Mon, May-03-04 09:07

Yes, the smoothies ROCK! I think I'll try freezing the yogurt tonight...that sounds awesome.

Britgrl Mon, May-03-04 11:21

Man, I cant wait to move back up into Atlanta so I can shop at better stores! We have ONLY crummy places to shop around here in lil ol Valdosta, GA. Super Wal-Mart is my ONLY place to find any of the new low carb products, shopped their this morning for yogurt...they only had the Dannon kind. Not only this, every single time I've been there they only have strawberry flavored...grr..I love the raspberry! Strawberry is ok but still =) makes me a lil grumpy! =) Wish I could find this new Hood yogurt or Blue Bunny brand for once! =(

stashyc Mon, May-03-04 12:00

I found it in Sam's Club, and the portion is bigger than the ones you buy in the grocery store (at least where I first found it). I liked the strawberry alot. I literally just finished a peach one, it wasn't quite as good, but not bad at all! It's about time they came up with LC yogurt! I have missed it so....

Gidget Mon, May-03-04 13:10

I found the Hood Carbcountdown yogurt today. The regular AND the smoothie. I popped the top on a smoothie while I was driving home. Loved it!
I think I will try putting the smoothy in the freezer for a bit to make it slushy next time.
BTW...I found it at our local Marsh grocery store.
Marcia

blue4lemon Mon, May-03-04 13:23

Britgrl, Kroger has a TON of low carb foods, especially the one on Ponce/North Avenue. The "health" food section has a whole aisle devoted to the Keto stuff, but the rest is scattered all over that section, not to mention all over the store. I haven't been to Whole Foods, but I hear they don't carry items made with Splenda.

BlitzedAng Mon, May-03-04 13:26

cprecee. Im also down here in South Florida and bought it at Publix.I saw the Atkins symbol so I picked it up and read it. It was a nice change for brekki.
Angel