Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Im back (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180921)

IthinkIcan Mon, Apr-26-04 21:39

Im back

Welp gang, it happen again. I have gotten sick on Atkins w/low bs or insulin malfunctions of some sort. After trying everything to get my body to balance again, I simply had to eat something with carbs to stop the tremblin/shaking/tingles/weakness. So back to CAD tomorrow I go. Don't get me wrong, I love CAD and it worked for me. I was just hoping to remain on a little more strict/extreme low-carb and drop a chunk before moving to CAD for maintance. Anyway, here I am. :)

believe27 Mon, Apr-26-04 22:15

Congrats on making the switch- I feel the same way. Atkins helped me lose the weight, but I get low bs and feel tired and deprived on Atkins. THen I binge. CAD sounds like it will help me maintain AND keep me sane.

IthinkIcan Tue, Apr-27-04 05:58

Thanks, its a kinda sickness that eventually gets pretty scary for me. I even had my husband come home last night from work to be with me. I don't know why or what triggers it to start, I just know that its linked with me being on Atkins. Its not a bad thang to start CAD, I just wanted to move faster. Oh well, maybe its meant for me to slow down.

Dianee Tue, Apr-27-04 06:15

Welcome back to CAD.

I know the thought of being able to get the weight off fast is such a nice thought, but not when it makes you feel so bad. Are you on medication? Just curious..

Good luck.

IthinkIcan Tue, Apr-27-04 06:30

No, I was on a low dose bp med 1x daily and lose dose hrt. I stopped both of those months ago. I stopped the hrt simply cos I can't seem to decifer the reports on it being good or bad yet, and since my symptoms are managable w/o it, I stopped it. The bp meds. Kinda a long story. But I had some recent major stress. I had been takin my bp med each morning, and 2 times after having takin it, I had a strange "spell" where I felt as tho I was passing out. Of course, you probably can tell from this that I didn't consult my Dr on stopping it. Well, here's why. I had to see my Dr for "tests" and such, after I found out my husband had been having an affair. When he was told about these spells and headaches I had started having, and the recent stress, he sent me away with a pack of anti-depressants. :rolleyes: Well, no thanks. I realize I was depressed, but the situation was quite fresh, and I am human. Why medicate life? How was I ever to grow from it if I was masking it? Anyway .. back to comin off the bp meds. When in the office that day, he got 2 perfectly low readings from me. I, personally, felt I wanted to see if I stopped the bp meds, would the spells stop. And so it has.