Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Before and After Pics? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180730)

MyJourney Mon, Apr-26-04 08:12

Before and After Pics?

How many of you took em (or at least took before pics and plan on taking after pics)?

Do you feel ashamed of your before pics or happy at your success or both?

Would you show your before pics to other people?

I took before pics and I still have the film and part of me doesnt want to develop it because I dont want to see what I looked like. I mean I know what I looked like, but I think I will feel more depressed and upset if I look at a before pic even though I think I should feel proud of all that Ive accomplished.

I also dont think I could get the guts to show it to anyone because I feel so ashamed for letting myself get that way and I dont want anyone to see me that way, but I think its a mental thing I need to get over and focus on how much I've accomplished.

How about you guys?

Rosie Real Mon, Apr-26-04 08:14

I do have before pics, and will plaster them all over the place as soon as I get to goal. :lol:

I'm ashamed of them now, but will be proud later. :)

AFwife Mon, Apr-26-04 08:23

I took a before pic and was really disgusted with myself but it's what kept me motivated. (see gallery) Now I have some after pictures, well more like in progress, but I'm proud of myself and will continue to post pictures to keep myself and hopefully others motivated.

:) I'm no longer ashamed.

Lindym Mon, Apr-26-04 09:17

I avoid cameras, but I wish I had a "before" shot. I just recently put a picture in for my avatar, but I'm down 30 lbs already. I'll do an "after" one when that happens.

Vanity3 Mon, Apr-26-04 09:22

My before picture was an accidential before picture. It was the picture that motivated me to lose weight.

Read my success story to find out more!

tcastro Mon, Apr-26-04 09:26

I have posted my before and in progress pics and can't wait to post my after pics once I hit goal.

I was a little embarassed at first about posting the before pics, but not after I got used to this community. Here, everyone has been where I was, so there's no reason to be ashamed.

relliott1 Mon, Apr-26-04 09:35

I didn't take a before pic on purpose, but I found the one that is in my gallery while going through some old photos. I hated that picture when I found it, but then I held it up next to the "in progress" New Years eve pic, and I was so proud of how well I had done that I didn't have any problems sharing.

blatla Mon, Apr-26-04 09:44

I took a before picture and I'm also taking pictures once a month so I can track progress. It's encouraging to see the small changes over time.

calico32 Mon, Apr-26-04 09:49

Like Vanity, my before photo was an accidental photo which caused me to lose weight. I knew I had gained weight, since my clothes would no longer fit or were way too tight. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw that photo. The next morning I started Atkins and haven't looked back.

Justjen72 Mon, Apr-26-04 10:02

I have a before pic and an after pic in my gallery. I actually keep a before pic on my fridge to remind me of what I need to be thinking about.

Iowan Mon, Apr-26-04 10:25

I am proud of my progress pictures, and so I display them proudly in my siggy :lol: Everytime I see them, I am reminded of how far I have come, and I am reminded of that obese person I use to be, and I dont ever want her to invade my body again. I am happy where I am at right now :) I am due to take another pic in a couple of days, so my siggy will be reflecting that as soon as I get the pics taken.

I am so inspired by looking at other people's before and after pictures, there is NO need to be ashamed of them at all :)

DianaO Mon, Apr-26-04 10:56

Mine are in my siggy

Birddog Mon, Apr-26-04 11:21

My before pics were before I decided to do Atkins. They were basically a deciding factor. I have them on my fridge, they helped keep me motivated when I was losing and now, to keep me from gaining it back. I also have a before and after pic in my journal. I show them to anyone interested. I am proud of my accomplishment and prouder yet that I have maintained my lose for 2 years. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I did it and I love this woe. I am never going back. :D

deneen Mon, Apr-26-04 14:04

I have a before pic that I actually took as a "before" pic for a haircut. It is now my chubby Kelly picture. Several of my co-workers don't believe that I was ever 169 lbs. I emailed them my "before" pic last week, and they were shocked. Now I just need to get a nice "after" pic taken. Congrats and good job to you all!

~Kelly Deneen :)

Mistress Mon, Apr-26-04 14:23

I wish I had :( I was so mortified when I gained weight that I avoided cameras at all cost. I also never thought that I'd lose weight, so a "before" picture was never a thought. :rolleyes: