Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Carb Options In Ottawa (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180621)

Tracey71 Sun, Apr-25-04 17:55

Carb Options In Ottawa

Hey guys, I went to A&P here in Ottawa today and found alot of Carb Options products. They had the dressings, marinades, bbq sauces and alfredo sauce. I wanted the PB but they didn't have it.

gman Sun, Apr-25-04 19:33

I also just found some Carb Options products at the new Loblaws at Baseline and Woodroffe. They had all the stuff you mentioned and the peanut butter too! I picked up a bunch of dressings and some steak sauce. I haven't tried them yet but I'm looking forward to it! :)

Tracey71 Mon, Apr-26-04 08:48

Thanks gman, I love that peanut butter, I can't stand the all natural stuff.

doreen T Mon, Apr-26-04 09:00

Yes .. there are a couple other threads here in the Canada forum about Carb Options stuff at different chain stores across Ontario this week. A&P seems to be the only one so far offering bonus Air Miles with a purchase though. I noticed that the A&P flyer also featured Atkins branded products this week too.

I might try the lemon iced tea mix .. it's made with sucralose (splenda). $4.99 for a canister with 6 individual portions, each makes 2 liters. That's cheaper than buying 3 boxes Crystal Light, which is made with aspartame and ace-K.

Doreen

IslandGirl Mon, Apr-26-04 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Yes .. there are a couple other threads here in the Canada forum about Carb Options stuff at different chain stores across Ontario this week. A&P seems to be the only one so far offering bonus Air Miles with a purchase though. I noticed that the A&P flyer also featured Atkins branded products this week too.

I might try the lemon iced tea mix .. it's made with sucralose (splenda). $4.99 for a canister with 6 individual portions, each makes 2 liters. That's cheaper than buying 3 boxes Crystal Light, which is made with aspartame and ace-K.

Doreen

Safeway is offering the Air Miles out here (Vancouver Island)
Save-On Foods isn't saying what they're offering or giving a specific date on availability (distributors are groaning under the load).
Quality Foods in Nanaimo first to offer the goods but had some trouble getting the product in, last week...now in, and on introductory special 2.99 each (very good) with some limits on quantities.

Am I the only one to notice there's still some label issues? Note the Peanut "spread" made by Skippy with a Carb Options banner. Can't even call it Peanut Butter, probably because of the length of the ingredients list and the strange chemical collection, including (yuck!) added hydrogenated fats.

My take is that "they" get the marketing approach alright, they just don't get the "healthy body eating healthy food loses toxic weight" concept!