Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hood Carb Count Down Choc. Beverage, Atkins approved. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179536)

susanaO Mon, Apr-19-04 21:09

Hood Carb Count Down Choc. Beverage, Atkins approved.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not the Atkins WOL. I started again today because I have had Type 2 diabetes and can control it on Atkins without medication. If I add products with 'effective' carbs which usually total around 18 gms, it will increase my blood sugar and stall weight loss. I found the above Chocolate milk and there is no mention of 'effective carbs'. It's only 2 carbs for 8 ounces (minus the one carb for fiber which was listed as 3 total carbs). Has anyone used this product. It tastes delicious and seems almost too good to be true. I also don't want to stall my weight loss which the other products cause me to do.

Nancy LC Mon, Apr-19-04 21:22

It is good stuff. :) I often use it as a snack. That 8 ounces I take really keeps me feeling tidy until I have time for my next meal. I use it on my low-carb/low-cal diet.

susanaO Mon, Apr-19-04 23:27

Thanks, Nancy!

I'm glad to hear that others on the low carb diets are using it. It tasted too good to be legal :)

LilaCotton Mon, Apr-19-04 23:39

Yes, we use it and have for months now--ever since it hit store shelves here. The carbs that are listed are the carbs per serving. :) It's one of my favorite afternoon snacks.

I personally like to take one cup of the chocolate and add about 2 tablespoons of half-and-half to it. It's just a tad too sweet for my taste, so this helps to cut it just a bit. It's great heated when the weather's chilly.

I sometimes drink the white in the red carton. I love milk, and after not having milk for several months, this makes a great substitute, and works well in recipes.

I try to keep consumption to no more than one cup per day.

The girls love it too, and it has never seemed to stall anyone here.

MyJourney Tue, Apr-20-04 04:38

I really like them. I also make my protein shakes with the whole milk (red carton)

I love them!

Wenzday Tue, Apr-20-04 05:45

Ohhh I love it too! I add water to it though...to make it less thick but it IS as you say too good to be true I think...lol I had 2 servings yesterday and lost almost 2 pounds though so it cant be THAT bad eh?

Petrina31 Tue, Apr-20-04 05:50

I looooove the carb countdown chocolate milk- so much so I don't even bother to dilute it.

It hasn't appeared to stall me and I've been drinking it for about two weeks now. I restrict myself to one cup though, on days when I indulge.

Moonwalker Tue, Apr-20-04 06:41

never had a problem with it here, it is an awesomely delicious product