Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   WOW!! Someone pinch me??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179336)

Iowan Sun, Apr-18-04 19:51

WOW!! Someone pinch me???

Today one of my dreams came true, I no longer have to shop in the PLUS SIZE DEPARTMENT :Party: I decided to head on over to the misses department and try on the 16's, and I had at least 10 different items, and they all fit really good. Do you realize how great this feels?

Back in December my life revolved around food. I ate till I was stuffed, and then ate more just because of my love of food. I was so unhappy, and never thought that I would ever be less than a size 22-24.

January 2nd I started Atkins, and decided to give it two weeks to see if I could do it, because all of my previous attempts had failed, and here I am now, a size 16, and so very happy :D For those of you struggling, please stick with it, I have NEVER been good sticking with anything, and if I can do this, anyone can. Life is just so great :D

adkpam Sun, Apr-18-04 19:59

Wow! And what a nice picture line up. I have no problem picking out the happiest lady.

Jen78 Sun, Apr-18-04 20:35

Way to go! That's awesome! So did you spend all your $$$ on new clothes? :D

Rocky_Cdn Sun, Apr-18-04 20:50

WTG!! :clap:

That's a great goal to achieve! I'm about a quarter step behind you and it feels terrific!

Justjen72 Sun, Apr-18-04 20:50

Congratulations. It feels so great to go down in size. WAY TO GO!!

Atkins is so easy to follow. I love, love, love it!!!

Thumbelina Sun, Apr-18-04 21:40

Hillary, your progress pics just say it all! You look fantastic. Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to all of us!

Blulady Sun, Apr-18-04 23:51

Congrats!!!!

You are doing a fabulous job!!!!

Hooray!!

Pam

Karenemt Sun, Apr-18-04 23:56

You look great, congratulations. Thanks for the words of encouragement. It must be a great feeling to ditch the plus-sizes.

Alina Mon, Apr-19-04 00:08

:yay:

I'm so happy for you! I've been following your progress in your gallery and I must say - you rock!

Best of luck to you!

Alina

HeMe2Kids Mon, Apr-19-04 00:09

wahoo Hilary. I am so happy for you.
I get so teary eyed for EVERYONE that posts their happiness and you can see real JOY for the first time in their words.
I am such a soppy softie.

It is like a liberating force that surrounds you, when you just cant belive it that your deepest dream is coming true!

Congratualations sweetie, we all know what a trial any weight loss is for anyone. It is hard work well deserved.

You look soooooooooooo good, and I dont know if I mentioned it but your new avatar is simply beautiful. Your hair is darling and makeup so good and that wonderful heart shaped face! You are just getting better and better.

LilaCotton Mon, Apr-19-04 01:30

Cool beans! And I know the feeling! I needed something to wear for Christmas, and that was the first time I could shop in the ladies' department at the store. It was just awesome! :D

Chairface Mon, Apr-19-04 03:49

:cheer: Way to go Hillary!!!! :cheer:

I am also looking forward to the day where I can shop for clothes by style and not by size. I'm still in the "if it fits I'm buying it" catagory..... but not for long!! :D

We all can't wait for the next update picture, with you wearing some hot new outfit!!

Take care and keep losing,

MyJourney Mon, Apr-19-04 03:52

wooohoooo WTG!!!

I know how I felt when I finally got rid of Lany Bryant! Awesome feeling isnt it!!!

Congrats!

AFwife Mon, Apr-19-04 04:02

:cheer: Way to go, I know how you feel. :cheer:

What a wonderful feeling to shop for smaller clothes. WOO HOO!

:)

GrooveJock Mon, Apr-19-04 05:22

I just wanted to say your post put a smile on my face!

Way top go!