Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Amazing Pecan Pie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178938)

lkonzelman Fri, Apr-16-04 16:54

Amazing Pecan Pie

Crust -
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) melted butter

Combine almond flour and butter; press into 8 or 9" pie plate and refrigerate while preparing filling.

Pie filling -
3 beaten eggs
1 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBS melted butter
1 cup Steel's SF Country Syrup or Joseph's all natural maple 0 carb SF syrup (these syrups make a difference - these two tested syrups are the perfect texture not the same as Atkins or Keto)
1 1/2 cup pecans

Beat eggs; add splenda. Beat. Add vanilla, butter, and syrup. Mix well and add pecans.

Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes until set.

Carb count: 27carbs/pie (3.3 per 1/8 slice)

I got this recipe at a lc cooking class and have made it two times myself using both of these syrups and they trully make a beautiful and delicious pie.

FYI - I have always used less splenda then required but with this pie; my opinion is that the recipe works as printed here.

Zuleikaa Sat, Apr-17-04 17:01

Thanks!!! I love pecan pie!!!

irisda Wed, Nov-10-04 13:54

I have been hunting high and low for either of those syrups. I am in Colorado does anyone have any idea where to find them. I hate ordering off the internet. I am a right here right now kinda girl.

GabrielleG Wed, Nov-10-04 14:42

Thanks so much for this recipe I don't have either of those syrups but I do have log cabin and Carey's sugar free syrups. Both of those are nice and thick unlike the Atkins or keto brands do you think those would work? Oops just saw how old the recipe start date was.

4beans4me Wed, Nov-10-04 14:45

I think an alternate thicker syrup would work, such as the one's you mentioned above Alicia and Gab. I buy SF Smuckers and I think it would substitute fine. :thup: One can try.. if the texture is a little *off*, I'm sure it will still be 100% edible. :lol:

Nakkira Wed, Nov-10-04 17:57

Sorry for the newbie question (I've never made a pecan pie). Do I add the pecans to the mixture whole? Am I supposed to chomp them? IIRC the pie itself is chewey in the middle with a sort of pecan topping. I haven't had pecan pie in a while so I can't really remember.

I'm desperate for pie this Thanksgiving and looks like I'll be the baker so I wanna do it right. =)

MisterE Wed, Nov-10-04 18:34

Thank you so much for a luscious looking recipe! I found it just in time for Thanksgiving.

SSin-Deb Fri, Nov-12-04 02:11

Hi irisda ~ Joseph's brand syrup can usually be found at Cost Plus World Markets. I order if from their site, 12 bottles at a time. Orders over $15 are shipped for free. I've been ordering this syrup from them for about 2 years now. It is hands down THE best tasting maple syrup we've tried ~ and we've tried all the syrups at the grocery stores.

Please know though, that it is pure maltitol - so....

www.josephslitecookies.com
click on 'sugar free' on the left, then scroll down a bit.

I can understand wanting it 'now' - but if you can't find it locally, this is one product that's worth ordering (if you tolerate maltitol) *Ü*

irisda Fri, Nov-12-04 09:48

world market (smacks head) of course! there is one right up the road from me too! but malitol?? i may have to rethink :lol:

therobster Thu, Nov-25-04 21:28

I made this pie tonight for Thanksgiving - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!! It tasted just like a full carb pie. Thank you very much for posting this, I will definitely be making this again.

jun keater Wed, Dec-15-04 13:02

This pie is the best! Even my husband & daughter liked it. I'm making it again for Christmas dinner. :agree: