Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   LC slim fast users (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178823)

stacysheil Thu, Apr-15-04 19:40

LC slim fast users

What has been your experience with the LC drinks. I bought some today and plan on starting it tomorrow. Do you drink the 2 glasses just like the regular and then your meal or how do you do it?

LadyBelle Thu, Apr-15-04 20:04

Many people use shakes (Atkins, EAS, slim fast, Carb solutions, designer whey and so on) for snacks and occasional meal replacments while on LC. For some this works great and offers variety. For others it means no weight loss and they have to wait until maintanance. You just have to figure out how your individual body will work.

I just bought some. I have no clue on the taste becaus eI havn't tried them yet. They only come in vanilla and chocolate so far though which is depressing. The bars are mostly malitol, so I will be avoiding them with a 10ft poll. I plan to follow the slim fast plan in which I have 2 shakes, 1 for breakfast and lunch, 3 snacks and a regular dinner. I will make all my snacks and dinners as low carb as I can though and have it more be a combination of south beach and slim fast.

Now before everyone yells at me, it's an experiment I want to try to se if it works for me. With my schedule being so hectic between work, school and kids I just don't have the energy all the time to plan meals and cook. This has ment lately I have been falling off plan. If doing this can keep me on plan, then it is the lesser of two evils.

potatofree Thu, Apr-15-04 20:45

I bought the chocolate, and they are good, if a bit sweet. I use them for a quick breakfast substitute or an evening snack.

sinistress Thu, Apr-15-04 22:05

I use the chocolate every morning for breakfast....I don't follow the 2 shake plan tho....I have 1 for breakfast and then normal lc food the rest of the day....there have been a few times when i had to work at night that I used one as dinner also simply for lack of time. So far I haven't had any problems with stalling or anything like that.

judyr Fri, Apr-16-04 11:02

My daughter uses them regularly on nights she has class or days she sleeps in, she is losing well. I don't gain from them, but I find I get hungry much sooner so beware.

stacysheil Fri, Apr-16-04 12:31

I had my first one this morning and I did get hungry. I didnt get hungry on the regular slim fast. Maybe my body needs to adjust. Thanks for all your input.

potatofree Fri, Apr-16-04 12:40

I find I get hungry faster with these than with the Atkins or EAS shakes. I don't plan on buying more.

Karin289 Fri, Apr-16-04 12:59

I like the LC SlimFast -- quick and tasty, and it's nice to have something sweet for breakfast occasionally.

LadyBelle, let us know how your new plan works out!