Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I am New (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177833)

charleez Fri, Apr-09-04 23:41

I am New

Hello Folks!!!
I am deciding to do the Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution since that is the diet I am most familiar with. I am definitely looking forward to this. I guess I am a little scared because I have failed before and that is the truth of it but all I have to blaim is me. I have about 155 lbs to lose and I do not want to be at this weight again. I guess at this juncture I want to simply introduce myself and say hi. I am making my putting my stakes down for this and even setting a start date for 4/13/04 (13 is my lucky number for personal reasons of my own).
I plan on reading this board and getting the house ready food wise in the meantime (move out the holiday crap and buy proteins and vegetables).
Thanks for letting me have my speak,

Charlie (Charleez)

toopoles Sat, Apr-10-04 00:25

Hi Charlie, :wave:

Welcome to TDC. The great people here are very supportive. Marty :wave:

LauriTheRN Sat, Apr-10-04 00:26

Hi Charlie,

I'm so glad that you came to this board. Everyone is so wonderful and so supportive here. My advice is to come to these boards as much as possible, start a journel and get to know everyone. I have been doing this "way of eating" for 3 1/2 months now and I'm sticking with it because of the friends I've made here and the things I've learned along the way.

You will see that you are gonna have a lot of new friends on here cheering you on!!

ValerieL Sat, Apr-10-04 06:27

Welcome Charlie!

This is a great place to come for support, the people here are terrific!

Good luck on starting your new food plan, you said you are most familiar with Atkins, does that mean you have done it before?

Hope you have a nice clean and easy induction!

Valerie

Chairface Sat, Apr-10-04 07:13

Hi Charlie! :wave:

Welcome to the TDC! Congrats on deciding to improve your health, things are going to start looking better for you real soon.

If you have any concerns or questions don't hesitate to ask, the people here are very kind and helpful.

Wishing you well,

liz175 Sat, Apr-10-04 07:37

Welcome to the TDC!

Charran Sat, Apr-10-04 08:14

Welcome to the TDC Charlie. Looking forward to following your progress!

hummelda Sat, Apr-10-04 08:31

Welcome to the TDC, Charlie!! Come back often!

Rocky_Cdn Sat, Apr-10-04 16:56

Welcome to TDC Charlie!

Best of luck!

Rocky

orchidday Sat, Apr-10-04 20:02

Welcome Charlie! You will find amazing support here and lots of things to smile about :). Glad to have you join us.

Orchid

xvxwickdxv Sat, Apr-10-04 20:06

Welcome to the forum Charlie. You are going to find some wonderful support out here!

Wicky

shtrdave Sat, Apr-10-04 20:38

Congrats on taking the first step. The plan you are choosing really works well if you can stick with it. Best of luck to you.
dave

charleez Sat, Apr-10-04 21:38

Ohla!!!

I have been rightly changed from reading this forum already! I've decided to start on Easter Day tomorrow (maybe I am masochistic) but I just do not see the point in eating the junk anymore. I have started rereading Atkins again and I am so reved. I couldn't GIVE the candy away, I obviously have too much that skinney people won't even touch (GROSS).

Let's hope I can keep this up. I am relying on God, me, and this forum and a great Atkins plan.

Charlie Girl :cool:

brdgrl Sun, Apr-11-04 02:56

Hi Charlie and welcome to the TDC. You will like it here. There are lots of knowledgeable people around to answer your questions, and there are lots of good cheerleaders too. We look forward to hearing about all your successes!
Birdie

thekemp Sun, Apr-11-04 14:59

Hi Charlie, welcome to the board. I am pretty new here to but I really enjoy it and have found some really nice and supportive friends here already. I have been on the Atkins diet since Jan. 2, 2004 and so far I have lost 40 lbs. At first it took alot of getting used to but now I am comfortable with the way I am eating and choose to see it as a lifestyle change. I, too have alot of weight to lose but I am taking it a day at a time with the faith that the pounds will come off if I do what I need to do. Also drink LOTS OF WATER!! LOL. Tammy