Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The woops fairy( What happened)??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177340)

Bindy Wed, Apr-07-04 09:26

The woops fairy( What happened)???

:cry: k ,yesterday I was weighed on the doctors scale and it said that I lost ten lbs. I went right out and bought a new scale because mine must have been broken. I tested the new scale as soon as I got home and I had in fact dropped ten Lbs . This morining when I woke up I was feeling rather large and oh my God I gained 4lbs over night. It's not even near that time of month and I watched my salt yesterday. Has this ever happened to anyone else. It was so discouraging. Help I need some answers.

MaryToU Wed, Apr-07-04 09:33

Your still 6 pounds ahead of the game :lol: Ok, not what you really want to hear, I know. Any sudden overnight gain like that is almost always water. Could be why you felt different also. It will work its self out, dont' worry to much about it.

Hilary M Wed, Apr-07-04 09:34

All the time, my dear. I can easily "gain" four pounds overnight, for seemingly no reason. It'll go away, I promise. Don't sweat it.

DianaO Wed, Apr-07-04 09:52

Same here!!!! For some reason the body will retain some water, don't ask me why, I havent the foggest clue! :lol

slp2000 Wed, Apr-07-04 09:58

this happens all the time to me, i can easily gain 5 lbs during the day, and loose it overnight. you will loose those 4 lbs. don't stop drinking your water. stick with it. we become so obssesed with the scale, i am guilty of it, we should only weigh ourselves once a week. i have to weigh myself twice a day.

allibaba Wed, Apr-07-04 10:21

I can gain 4 pounds before I even go to bed! It REALLY stinks, but it'll go away quickly.

Alli

Nancy LC Wed, Apr-07-04 10:24

You know, yesterday and the day before is the first time I weighed exactly the same two days in a row for about a month. :p Yes, I have had fluctuations of up to 3 pounds in a day. Purely just water retention.

I've also had a day where I skipped eating most of the day, was too busy to eat. The next day I weighed about 3 pounds less. But the loss quickly disappeared when I started eating my meals normally again.

trustycat Wed, Apr-07-04 22:33

you know, the average amount of food that a woman eats in a day is 3 lb!-- not eating for a day could just be that an empty tummy was 3 lb lighter from no food in it, lol =) i think weight can fluctuate up to 6 lb per day-- don't stress about the scale too much! i know, i know, its really hard but weighing once a week or less is a great idea

Grimalkin Wed, Apr-07-04 22:45

Happened to me last week. We were hiking around all day, it was hot outside, so I drank a lot of water to stay well hydrated. Also maybe the trail foods I was eating were high in sodium, like beef jerky and food bars. Anyway, I noticed during the day that I wasn't, well, peeing much. The next day I had gained almost 8 pounds - OMG I was retaining an entire gallon of water and then some! Now my friends call me a "camel" :lol: A few days later everything was normal again; so it's really nothing to worry about.

Bindy Thu, Apr-08-04 08:33

thanks guys I feel better now. I put the cale up for atleast a week.

MikieGirl Thu, Apr-08-04 08:37

The scale and I will always have a love/hate relationship. Hang in there!!!