Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkins Advantage bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176732)

pinkpen Sat, Apr-03-04 18:48

Atkins Advantage bars

Hi gang! I've got a question about the Atkins Advantage bars. I bought a few today, for the first time. First let me say the chocolate-peanutbutter bar is to die for and secondly, I ate about 1/4 of the bar and really didn't devour it - in fact I left the rest for later. That is so not me! Well, in the past I would've inhaled anything sweet. This is a huge victory for me. :yay:

My main question is wondering why the bar says it's 21g carb if you look at the nutritional information, but the bar says to count it as 2g. Is it just because of the ingredients or something?

Mavis

Elsah Sat, Apr-03-04 18:50

The sugar alcohols and fibers are subtracted to get the net carb count of 2.

Jenn

pinkpen Sat, Apr-03-04 18:52

OH! Ok, that makes sense. I sat there staring at it trying to figure it out but now that you mention it, that makes complete sense! Thanks!

Mavis :wiggle:

killamira Sat, Apr-03-04 19:08

yes the cho/peanutbutter is yummy! :D

allibaba Sat, Apr-03-04 21:02

I like the S'mores and Peanut Butter :D.

Alli

Mossling Sat, Apr-03-04 23:20

I miss the lemon chiffon. Yeah, I know. I'm weird.

One great thing about most of them is they have a reasonable amount of fiber.

Jude

ndhulst Sat, Apr-03-04 23:22

s'mores is my favorite!! yummy!! I haven't tried the others yet...I find one I like...and seem to stick with it for awhile! :)

bcbeauty Sun, Apr-04-04 01:09

Actually I tasted the Peanut butter one and thought it was yucky! :Puke: Since then I haven't tried any others .

MyJourney Sun, Apr-04-04 10:39

My first few bites of the peanutbutter were this is gross but I am starving, halfway through the bar I was like hmm its not bad and then by the time I finished it I was like this thing tastes great!

I try not to eat them now because of the SAs though.

GrooveJock Sun, Apr-04-04 10:44

I love Atkins bars but I think they stall me. Since I am only 8 lbs from goal, I am thinking about adding them back into my diet. They come in handy when I am pressed for time or dont have any other quick source of protien.

allibaba Sun, Apr-04-04 10:51

Hey Moss - You can buy Lemon Chiffon ones on ebay every now and then.

Journey - Is Glycerin a sugar alcohol?

Alli

Bindy Sun, Apr-04-04 11:16

I'm in the same boat with groovejock I get the stall from the atkins bars and the advantage bars,it truely bites. I figure that if I want something sweet it's worth the risk once in a while . It's better to have an occasional stall rather than gaining.

AFwife Sun, Apr-04-04 15:02

Love the Chocolate Decadence one's. Can't get enough.

Tried the PP one's, didn't like them. And I love PP.

MyJourney Sun, Apr-04-04 15:37

Quote:
Journey - Is Glycerin a sugar alcohol?

I am still trying to figure out what it is. I know I had a bottle of glycerine and Ive used it on the cork when making limoncello because it would help it slide in and pull out.

I have heard some treat it as a sugar alcohol and get a similar type of reaction from glycerine. I just count half the carbs of it I suppose, at least until I get a better understanding of how it works in my body.

Mossling Sun, Apr-04-04 16:18

Yeah, I know about e-Bay (just ask my DH :lol: ), but I don't go through enough to warrant having a boxful in the house. The Chocolate Decadence isn't shabby, either--and those I can get one at a time!

Jude