Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hello fellow low-carbers!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176529)

kjds99 Fri, Apr-02-04 11:58

Hello fellow low-carbers!!!!!

Hi all,

I just began the Atkin's Dient yesterday and I am hoping very much that it brings me some success. I have never been what you call overweight, but just uncomfortable with myself bouncing back and fourth between 125 and 140 lbs at 5"6 1/2. I'm currentl 140, but am much more comfortable in my own skin at 120-125. So 120 is my ultimate weight goal. I've never tried the low-carb diet before... so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm hoping to reach my goal in 3-4 months so it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination. Good luck to all in your weight loss persuits!!!!!

Paris Fri, Apr-02-04 12:02

Welcome to the forums! Check out the "Best of" forum near the bottom of the main page - it has some great stuff for newbies.

Best of luck to you! :D :thup:

kjds99 Fri, Apr-02-04 12:13

Thanks. I will look at that section to see what i can find.

MISSRED197 Fri, Apr-02-04 12:15

Hi and welcome to the forum!!! :dazzle:

You are in the perfect place for support and motivation....
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, browse around
and just enjoy yourself. You can do it!!!!!!!!!

Hugs~

josiekat Fri, Apr-02-04 12:16

Hey KJ...

Welcome aboard.....you will find a great group of people here....lots of fun, ideas, recipes and support found here!

kjds99 Mon, Apr-05-04 11:17

thanks

Thanks guys!

It's nice to know that there are so many supportive people here to talk with. It really helps in the battle.

Kristen

tammy565 Mon, Apr-05-04 14:07

HI

Welcome to the forums. Everyone here is really friendly and give great advice and recipes. The recipes I have found here have made this WOL a lot easier for me this time round. Good luck with your goal.

Tammy

DianaO Mon, Apr-05-04 15:14

Welcome aboard!!

eric909 Mon, Apr-05-04 18:47

Hi and welcome to the forum

kjds99 Wed, Apr-07-04 06:46

Protien Shakes

What does everyone think about Whey Protien? Should I stay away from this?

sharona5 Wed, Apr-07-04 08:01

I'm 58 yrs old and new here but posted to the TDC forum this am. Have never joined a dieters forum before. I guess I have nothing to lose but weight by coming here and "talking" to y'all. I consider this my last chance non-diet. I refuse to go on any diets any more as I have gained over 100 lbs dieting over the last 25 yrs. So I don't diet any more. I watch my food intake and am on Atkins now. I have 1 planned cheat day every 2 weeks and am still losing. Started March 5, 2004.

sharona5 Wed, Apr-07-04 08:06

eric 909 you are a real inspiration, as are all you losers!!!
Do any of you have planned cheat days also? By this age, I know myself well enough to know that I will sabotage any diet I am on if I think that I cannot have certain foods. Therefore i have planned cheat days.