Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   10 Steps Closer to Onederland!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175799)

Petrina31 Tue, Mar-30-04 06:50

10 Steps Closer to Onederland!!!

I've lost TEN POUNDS already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More importantly than the weight loss, I have a lot more energy now that I've kicked my Pepsi/sugar addiction. I actually got on a swingset alongside my son yesterday and had a blast.

For those who are just starting out at Atkins, don't get discouraged or consider quitting. Once you get through those first few days, you'll feel so much better.

sinistress Tue, Mar-30-04 07:52

Congratulations!!!! What a great start!

DianaO Tue, Mar-30-04 10:11

Wahhooooooooo congrats

4beans4me Tue, Mar-30-04 10:12

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Keep up the great work!!!

ACFPerder Tue, Mar-30-04 12:57

Congrats. Great encouragement for those of us who may not have made such fast progress.

AC

snburch Tue, Mar-30-04 13:03

Congratulations!
Keep up the great work.

Giving up my Pepsi addiction was the hardest part for me. I have not had one this year and I don't even crave them anymore. Gotta love LC!

Blondey63 Tue, Mar-30-04 14:28

Congratulations! That is such a great start. You have a great attitude, you are going to have a ball playing with your kids!
Do you mind if I ask you how long it took for that to come off? I have weigh in on Thursday.

yodasmum Tue, Mar-30-04 14:41

Wow!!! You are doing great!!! I don't have to tell you.....Keep up the great work!!!!

Laree

lightforce Tue, Mar-30-04 14:47

Super. what a great feeling.

Petrina31 Tue, Mar-30-04 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey63
Congratulations! That is such a great start. You have a great attitude, you are going to have a ball playing with your kids!
Do you mind if I ask you how long it took for that to come off? I have weigh in on Thursday.

No, I don't mind at all. It took ten days but keep in mind my results are completely unusual. I lost nearly five of that after the first twenty-four hours. I suspect a lot of it was water weight. Keep in mind I was literally living on Pepsi and Pepsi alone when it came to beverages. Loss started to slow down two days ago and I'm sure it will continue to do so until I get to the "normal" rate of about 1 - 2 pounds a week. As it does, I'll likely discontinue checking in with the scale daily and do so only once a week.

Blondey63 Tue, Mar-30-04 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrina31
No, I don't mind at all. It took ten days but keep in mind my results are completely unusual. I lost nearly five of that after the first twenty-four hours. I suspect a lot of it was water weight. Keep in mind I was literally living on Pepsi and Pepsi alone when it came to beverages. Loss started to slow down two days ago and I'm sure it will continue to do so until I get to the "normal" rate of about 1 - 2 pounds a week. As it does, I'll likely discontinue checking in with the scale daily and do so only once a week.

Wow... that is amazing....I kicked the sugared sodas 15 years ago BUT I have a problem with diet coke myself....Every couple of days I let myself have one if I want it now. Trying to kick the habit! Do you drink a lot of water now?

Petrina31 Wed, Mar-31-04 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey63
Do you drink a lot of water now?

I drink lots and lots of water. Probably about 6-7 liters a day. I probably used to drink that same amount in Pepsi pre-Atkins. All told, I probably consumed over 300 grams a day in carbs just on Pepsi. Scary, isn't it? Maybe the quick drop-off was my body's way of letting me know "Hey Petrina, thanks!!!"

Speaking of thanks, I just wanted to thank everybody for their congrats and well-wishes. This board and its supportive members have really helped keep me on track and stay focused.

SusanKH Wed, Mar-31-04 08:23

I truly believe Diet Coke is an addicition. I have to have two a day, or I think I have to have two a day. I'm trying to break that addiction and switch to more water.

Isn't it amazing what a difference 10 pounds makes?

Paris Wed, Mar-31-04 08:23

Congratulations!!! :D :thup:

Wenzday Wed, Mar-31-04 09:01

If you keep your water up like that I am thinking you will lose at a somewhat fast rate for a while...I did it too! now I realllly force down even 64 oz of water a day and usually dont even make it...dont ask what changed becuase I have NO idea but heck I have to work hard to get 5 pounds a month and thats stinks BUT as long as my weight goes DOWN and not up I am okay I guess ;)

Congrats!