Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   rewards (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175698)

3shewolf8 Mon, Mar-29-04 18:09

rewards

I was wondering how all of you fellow weight loss pals reward yourself when you reach your mini goals...or your large goal...??? I like to go shopping for a new outfit!! What about you!??

patricia52 Mon, Mar-29-04 18:12

Gosh, you're close enough to your big goal to do it, too! I don't think I'll be doing any shopping for a while.
For me, when I break 170, I'm getting a manicure. (Have a pedicure and facial all lined up for 165 and 160).

Justjen72 Mon, Mar-29-04 18:15

Since I hit goal I have:

gotten a tattoo on my lower back
traded in my big SUV for a flashy sports car
gotten my teeth straightened
had my hair professionally colored.

You wouldn't recognize me from this time last year. :)

LadyBelle Mon, Mar-29-04 18:19

I plan on getting a boob job. But that also has to wait until I save up enough cash, or pay off my car so I can get a personal loan.

mel92 Mon, Mar-29-04 20:34

Clothes!!! Shopping for clothes is SO much fun now! You get to wear these cute little tops and have so much of a variation. No more big oversized t-shirts (well, only for weekend lounging hehe) or tight jeans that you can hardly button without sucking your gut in! It's also fun to go get a new hairdo! I got my long hair chopped to chin length because now I can carry off a shorter hairdo without looking like a woman with a little head and a big body! LOL

:)melissa

freckles Mon, Mar-29-04 21:16

I haven't ever really set mini goals or rewarded myself for certain things. I buy new clothes when I find them for a really good price...no sense wasting money on things I won't fit in the next year. I want to reward myself at goal...but haven't decided with what. Kind of want to get my teeth professionally whitened. I would also like to do something like those shows where they help you with learning fashion for your body and give you a makeover and hair-do, but don't know if one can do that without being on t.v. - and it costing a fortune. I've never been good about fashion and I won't know what to do with myself when I am "skinny." I'd like to find a sensible hair style too...something different and flattering. There are SO many things....

KristyC Mon, Mar-29-04 21:29

I love to shop for new clothes!!!! :D

el123 Mon, Mar-29-04 21:51

When I started this new lifestyle last summer, I promised myself that when I reached my goal, I would buy ridiculously expensive jeans... I would NOT let myself buy nice pants until they were the size i wanted them to be. Well, over the weekend, I finally bought them!! What a feeling!

AFwife Tue, Mar-30-04 01:33

So far I've just bought a new pair of jeans and colored my hair red.

For when I hit goal I'll be getting a tattoo on my lower back.

Cheers,

Strudel182 Tue, Mar-30-04 02:04

Hadn't really thought about it much. But it is a good thing to strive for. So, I've given it some thought.

I think what I would really like to do is catch the train to Paris, and go shopping in those really snooty French boutiques that I have avoided like the plague because I feel like a mammoth in them. Plus, I am sure the salespeople are looking down their noses at me. But when I get to goal, I should be able to fit into their clothes. Now, I need to figure out a budget...

Alina Tue, Mar-30-04 03:11

C L O T H E S

:lol:

teresamay Tue, Mar-30-04 05:14

So, far the only thing I have done as a "reward' is buy some nice perfume...truthfully, I want to save up for when I am at my goal weight and then have surgery to remove all the excess skin that I know will be left.

DianaO Tue, Mar-30-04 05:36

I hit Goodwill and get "new" clothes

Breecita Tue, Mar-30-04 05:58

Since I'm almost too poor to pay my rent, much less splurge, my mother is chipping in and giving me a reward every 25 pounds. My first reward was a really nice scale that can track body fat, so I know if I'm loosing fat while gaining muscle. :D

BlitzedAng Tue, Mar-30-04 06:23

When I make it to my goal I will reward myself by taking my 4 children somewhere for the weekend.We allways have soo much fun together. OHHHH, and Hubby? Pfffffffft, he can stay at home and learn to cook for himself :)
Angel