Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Osolo Low carb muffins, rolls, and sweet rolls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175459)

imlosingit Sun, Mar-28-04 09:50

Osolo Low carb muffins, rolls, and sweet rolls

Just found these, and wondered if anyone has tried them, and if they are any good?
They do have a website with the nutritional information on them..and shows no sugars and 3 g of carbohydrates for 1 roll.

allibaba Sun, Mar-28-04 14:51

I bought the Banana Nut ones the other day and am not going to buy them again! They don't even taste like banana. I've been covering them with cream cheese and cinnamon just to get rid of them (I hate wasting money). Anyway, dh just got a box of the Original flavor lastnight. He had one with his burger and said they were great that way. I didn't want to try it because I'd had the Banana one in the morning and didn't want 2 in one day. I'll probably try another type at some point :). BTW- this is the first "bread" I've had since I started in October I don't want to make a habit out of it again. We used to eat almost a whole fresh loaf of French bread for dinner every night :nono: .

Alli

steph z Sun, Mar-28-04 22:44

I tried the Pumperknickle and loved it. I also tried the cinnamon raisin which I toast and put cream cheese on - not bad (a little too sweet for me, it is a "sweet rollz"). I have not tried the regular yet.

I would advise to give it a try - you just may like it.

lissy007 Mon, Mar-29-04 09:52

I tried several different kinds for burgers and none of them were good!!! Yuck. Lots of people like them though. Different tastes for different people I guess.

Melissa

Ozarkslady Mon, Mar-29-04 23:45

I've tried just about every variety they have. Love the banana nut & cinnamon raisin toasted & buttered with breakfast occaisionally. Like the pumpernickel and sourdough too for burgers or sandwiches. They make an Italian deli roll also which is very good. The original is my least favorite, although it's alright. The main thing to keep in mind is that these are NOT going to taste the same as the bread we've been used to and the texture is a bit spongy. However, given that we don't have much in the way of bread to choose from, our options are limited. These have been quite acceptable, and I have found them to be pretty good actually. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste. I'm just one opinion here!

BlitzedAng Tue, Mar-30-04 07:00

The cinnomon raisin ones make great french toast and are marvelous as a side toasted with butter with my steak and green beans. Now the Italian ones make an AWESOME garlic bread. I slice them longwise in half, spread some butter and sprinkle garlic salt, then pop in the oven for a few till they start to get crisp then put mozzerella on it.. Man oh man good ......

busybee Tue, Mar-30-04 08:47

I bought the sourdough ones and did not care for them at all .... so rather than throw them away I cut them up anmd browned them in some garlic olive oil and butter until nice and crisp and had croutons for my cesar salad ...
I recently bought a loaf of Nature's Own Original carb conscious bread (3netcarbs) and it is terrific ... wholesome ingredients, no preservatives .... its in the freezer, so I don't overdo it!

Karen Lynn Tue, Mar-30-04 14:35

I've tried the blueberry and didn't much like it at first. However, I had the idea to treat it as a blueberry pancake and put s/f syrup on it. YUM!!!! tasted just like blueberry pancakes.