Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Have I really screwed up???? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174040)

arkie Sun, Mar-21-04 11:09

Have I really screwed up????

After 4 weeks of following the plan to a "T" with only one cheat(hot fudge sundae), I really blew it last night. We had my son-in-laws 21st B-day party last night and I drank ALOT of party punch(it has alot of alchohol that wasn't bad in carbs but it also had Hawaiian punch and 7 up). I woke up this morning and saw a 3lb gain!!!!! Have I really blew it or can I recover from this pretty fast? I am very committed but feel like a total failure now......

Paleoanth Sun, Mar-21-04 11:16

It should be just a temporary gain. Don't stress! More than likely it is water retention. Just get back on plan and you should see it go away in a day or two.

Drink plenty of watee!

nikkil Sun, Mar-21-04 11:20

Parties are a weakness for a lot of us! Paleo is right, just get right back at it ASAP and ignore the scale for 2-3 days, drink loads of water and try to get some heavier exercise (burns the glycogen stores).

Right back on the horse :)

danakins Sun, Mar-21-04 11:22

Ditto what these wise people have said! Don't beat yourself up. Next, go prepared with diet coke or something.

Danakins

arkie Sun, Mar-21-04 11:26

Thank you for the encouragement..........thats why I love this forum. I knew that if I would just log on that I would feel better....thanks again

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 10:14

OK..........I started right back on Sunday with all the right things and lots of water, only to wake up today and I had gained 2 more lbs!!!!! Thats 5 all together because of Sat night drinking??????? Will I see this go away soon if I continue? I can't believe one night can do so much damage!

Paleoanth Mon, Mar-22-04 10:16

You aren't anywhere close to TOM are you?

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 10:17

nope, not for another 7-10 days......

Paleoanth Mon, Mar-22-04 10:18

It still could be the dreaded PMS weight gain. I always gain 3 pounds the week before. It sucks.

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 10:29

Would you look at a typical days menu and give me some tips?.........

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs in butter w/1 deli slice of ham

lunch- 2 cups iceberg lettuce with chicken cubes and shredded cheese and 2 tbls ranch dressing

supper- 1/2 lb ground beef patty, boiled cabbage with butter and salt and sometimes yellow squash

Water-80-100 oz day

I take the starter kit supplements daily(essentail oils, multi-vitamin and dietary supplements)

I seldom snack because I just don't feel hungry with this plan

what do you think?

Paleoanth Mon, Mar-22-04 10:55

That looks really good. I actually don't have any negative comments at all. Seriously, I bet anything it is PMS water weight. Most of the time I had a miniwhoosh about 3-4 days after TOM. I would get rid of the 3 pounds I had gained plus 1 or 2 more.

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 11:02

That makes me feel better, I'll just keep truckin and see what happens.
Thanks for listening!

Paleoanth Mon, Mar-22-04 11:21

Do you have a fitday account?

www.fitday.com It is free and really helped me. I lost best at 65-70% fat. As long as I knew my ratios were pretty good, I figured the weight would come off eventually.

teresamay Mon, Mar-22-04 11:41

I wouldn't worry, your menu is really good - it is probably just water retention - maybe avoid anything with salt for a few days too....