Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Okay, now I'm the one who needs an ass kicking. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173500)

NYorker Thu, Mar-18-04 08:02

Okay, now I'm the one who needs an ass kicking.

I'm getting really frustrated and annoyed and depressed. It's been months now since I've lost any pounds or inches and in fact I seem to be gaining a little bit - all while avoiding all "bad foods."

I know that I'm probably ODing on allowed carbs and calories and what I need to do is start getting religious with fitday and also get more active, but I can't seem to get motivated to do either.

Here's what happened: After starting in June, I was losing well, miraculously well, until Dec. Then I took a trip and intentionally cheated for a few days. I went back on plan, then went off for another few days at Christmas. Both times, any increase in weight came off fast after I got serious again and I lost several more pounds. I was down to 176 in mid Jan.
Then came a fateful day. I had been ill the day before and ate practically nothing. I was ravenous. I went to breakfast with friends and my omelet came with toast and hash browns. I has always been able to push them away, but this time, I was so hungry and things were going so well I just decided to go for it. Ate everything on the plate. I still can't blame this one event for my subsequent stall, because it would be silly to blame one little meal, but I have lost nothing in the two months since and have crept up to 183 even though I haven't "cheated" at all since.
I had some LC ice cream but quit that, thinking it was the culprit. I bought a LC pound cake but took one bite and put the rest in the freezer. I've really been very good. And yet, the scale creeps up not down.
I think I'm eating too much salad, probably. I really need to do fitday but it's so TEDIOUS inputting food in there and estimating the measures...

And if anyone out there stalled out for months for no apparent reason and then got over it and started losing again, please tell me all about it to cheer me up.

SusanKH Thu, Mar-18-04 08:05

I can't give you much advice because I'm so inexperienced. But I have to ask, how do you feel when you LC? Do you feel better, or worse? Do you exercise? Do you try to vary your calorie count so as to shake up your metabolism? {{{HUGS}}} I know it's so hard when you try and try and nothing seems to work, but please don't give up!

NYorker Thu, Mar-18-04 08:08

Oh I feel LOADS better and have no intention of quitting, just getting bummed that I haven't seen any improvement in ages.

SusanKH Thu, Mar-18-04 08:13

Hopefully others will have some meaningful advice for you. Like I said, I'm inexperienced, though not quite a virgin, and I wish for you all of the best.

Paris Thu, Mar-18-04 08:24

Hi NY -

Have you thought about doing a two week KISS induction? It might kickstart the weight loss, and it would definitely clear your system of any junk hanging around.

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you. :D

NOGAINHERE Thu, Mar-18-04 08:32

hard as it is- Go back to induction! I just did ! And like you nothing for months! :( but guess what? I had cheated myself right out of ketosis.

Strudel182 Thu, Mar-18-04 08:37

Maybe you should joing the re-induction challenge that is beginning on Monday, 22 March? It may help to know that there are a lot of us in the same boat as you. It's a KISS Induction, and I think it should shake us of some "bad" habits (I can't believe what I have to give up for it - wow, do you ever get used to OWL levels...)

Maybe joining the "gang" will help you. Check it out. BTW, did you ever have that gelato while you were in Italy?

NYorker Thu, Mar-18-04 08:45

I did! And who knew it wouldn't be my downfall, but the hash browns were!

I'm in on the KISS challenge. Thanks guys.

woolina Thu, Mar-18-04 09:51

I dont know what time you are eating your meals, NYorker, but I was stalled for a while and found that when I started eating my dinner early and made lunch my "big" meal, I started moving again. I stalled out around 170 for the longest time it seemed.... was making me crazy and the little switcheroo I did with the size and times of eating the same things I was before seemed to do it. Just another suggestion.

teresamay Thu, Mar-18-04 09:55

I don't have a lot of advice, but I am so sorry you are experiencing this! (hugs)