Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Room for One More? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173345)

pidosmum Wed, Mar-17-04 15:50

Room for One More?

Hi. Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I have been Doing low carb (for a second time) since Jan. 6. I teach school and wanted to start after the Holidays. I say this is my second go-round because I did low-carb around 5 or 6 years ago and did really well. The problem is that I had a hard time staying with it because my husband was doing a low fat diet. The two don't mix.
I'm not sure of my start weight because my scale only went up to 320, so I tried to move the needle a little, but that didn't work either. So my start weight is just a guess. I can get on that scale now, though!
Well, just wanted to say "Hi" and will try to answer any questions I can. BTW. I was able to convince my husband to try low carb also. Now he's hooked. He has lost around 18 lbs. and is about halfway to his goal weight of 180. He will get there long before I will. I want to get to 200 by Christmas. A reasonable goal, I think. Just taking it one day at a time and looking forward to summer break.

Hope all is well.

want2bfit Wed, Mar-17-04 15:56

Welcome Pidosmum. So glad you're back and hubby is joining you. Much success. Blessings, Maureen

rosey1 Wed, Mar-17-04 16:02

welcome to the board!!

memaw O5 Wed, Mar-17-04 16:06

Always room for one more. Welcome and hope you keep us well informed of your progress.

Ellen-mom Wed, Mar-17-04 16:53

Of course…the more the merrier!! Welcome!!!!

newme2b Wed, Mar-17-04 17:08

Everyone scooch over! Welcome! And congratulations on your wonderful loss to-date! Awesome!

2MuchPizza Wed, Mar-17-04 17:25

Welcome to TDC! :)

pixy_nixy Wed, Mar-17-04 19:16

Congrats and welcome to the tdc!

Zymi Wed, Mar-17-04 19:17

Hi there and welcome to the board! :wave:

Rocky_Cdn Wed, Mar-17-04 22:19

Welcome to TDC!

hummelda Wed, Mar-17-04 22:44

Welcome to the forum and the TDC. You are doing very well -- hope to see you here often.

tlmarshall Thu, Mar-18-04 01:59

Hi there - just wanted to say hello! Be sure to come by regularly....and let us know how you are doing!

brdgrl Thu, Mar-18-04 06:55

*Birdgirl scoots over on sofa* Welcome! There is always room for someone new. We look forward to hearing your successes and helping with questions.

I teach too, so if you want someone to talk to about that, feel free to visit my journal.

tripletmom Thu, Mar-18-04 19:28

It would be great if you started your own journal, I wanted to come and "visit" you and introduce myself, since I also started at 340#, and am also in PA, and although I don't own 3 dogs... I do own 3 boys ;)

You're doing fantastically, BTW... we started 1 day away from each other, and you're hot on my tail!!

Hugs,

Karen

leasmom Thu, Mar-18-04 19:40

HIYA!!! Welcome...it's good that both of you are doing low carb...I wish I could put dd on a low carb diet...I wouldn't have to cook two separate meals...but she's 7 so darn!!!