Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   That's hilarious, fat people don't excerise!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172385)

leasmom Fri, Mar-12-04 16:28

That's hilarious, fat people don't excerise!!!

That's the reaction I just got as I went to the Riverwalk, pulling dd who was in her rollerblades. This guy with his wife and three kids stood not far from me and was making fun of me- :bash: I just looked at him! I kept going and I walked a long way...dd was tired so I took her and drove to the other side of the riverwalk and then walked an additional 4 laps. The entire time I was thinking...you can laugh now but you're not gonna laugh for long!!! :clap: :wiggle: :yay: :cheer:

treese10 Fri, Mar-12-04 17:50

You just keep up the good work Leasmom, and the next guy who is staring and commenting, might just be chasing you down for a phone number(lol.) People who feel the need to try to degrade others are generally just not happy with themselves, they don't have the self esteem, or the so called(sorry guys no insults intended) balls to fix whats wrong in their lives so they try to bring others, who are actually doing something for self improvement down to their level, I'm glad you kept your cool, they likely didn't get the satisfaction they were bargaining for. Take care all.

Treese

teresamay Fri, Mar-12-04 18:31

You did a FANTASTIC JOB! Jerks like that get theirs in the end...and congratulations for being so strong and looking him in the face!!!! That takes courage, adn you are doing this for you, not him - who the he** cares what that loser says or thinks, he has issues of his own to deal with if he has nothing better to do than watch you!!

Alisia Fri, Mar-12-04 20:50

Good Job Leasmom!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Marie H Fri, Mar-12-04 20:54

Great modeling for your daughter! I hope his kids noticed, too.

leasmom Fri, Mar-12-04 20:56

It hurt slightly but this time I felt that I needed to take it and use it to empower myself. I wondered what he would've said had he seen me 30 lbs ago...but I still feel good about myself and yes I'm still heavy, but that's not gonna stop me from reaching my goals and soon I will fit in just like everyone else and there won't be anyone to pick me out of a crowd and make fun of me for being big...

MISSRED197 Fri, Mar-12-04 21:05

Keep up the good work!!!
:Party:
Don't let others ignorant comments and reactions get to you!!
People like that don't care about themselves let alone someone else.
Continue to be the person you are and stand tall and proud.
:yay:
~B

ChrisCanDo Fri, Mar-12-04 22:36

Good for you. That is such a common misconception that overweight folks can't workout. I There are lots of thin folks who sit on their buttts all day and suffer from many of the same health problems caused by obesity.

What a terrible example that man sets for his children. Truly heartless.

Keep on walkin!
Christy

Paris Sat, Mar-13-04 07:23

He sounds pretty wretched if he would make a remark like that at all muchless in front of children. :devil: Where do these people come from?

Good for you and keep up the great work you are doing to get yourself healthy and fit!

redawn Sat, Mar-13-04 08:43

sorry. . .but my response has to be. . ."I WILL lose weight. . .but you and your miserable little family will still be A$$H0L3$! To bad and bi#e me!" redawn;)~who thinks occationally public smackings should be legal.

leasmom Sat, Mar-13-04 11:40

LOL!, Redawn!!! Me too I think it should be legal too...There's so many people who see being overweight as nasty, disgusting, the worst thing ever...

My sister told me that when she was pregnant with my nephew a man looked at his wife and then at my sister, laughing and said..."If you ever get that big I'll leave you..." His wife then looked at my sister and said, "I'll never get that big, that's disgusting..." She said she was crushed, she came home and cried...so she then started walking more.

She is doing South Beach not Atkins and told me don't give up...I told her nothing will ever make me give up...

I see people laughing behind my back because I'm big...I see people looking horrified at me...and I don't want that anymore...it's a shame that people treat heavyset people that way...it's cruel how they treat people like that because a lot of overweight people won't just use it to motivate themselves, they'll use it to destroy and even kill themselves...thinking they are unworthy of love and even kind words from others...I felt that way occasionally and this time I'm not letting them get away with it. I'm gonna take every comment, every look and use it to better me!!!

itsgottago Sat, Mar-13-04 11:58

Don't people like that make you sick? We are the last acceptable predudice. (Sp?) I think it sucks that all the mean people have to take it out on us now because it's politically incorrect to make fun of everyone else. Oh well, let's just keep taking care of ourselves and getting healthier, we will win in the end anyway.

KristyC Sat, Mar-13-04 19:18

OMG how horribly RUDE of them :(. I'm very sorry you were subjected to that. You keep up your GREAT work!

hummelda Sun, Mar-14-04 08:09

That is so hurtful. But I admire your ability to turn it around into motivation and also to face the boors.

Respect for everyone regardless of how they look or whatever their abilities may be is a sign of maturity and a confidence in themselves that doesn't need this kind of taunting. One can only hope that one day, they too will reach this level of maturity and confidence that will make our society an all-round better place to be.

Congrats on your perseverance in the face of adversity!!

Mossling Sun, Mar-14-04 20:39

I'm so sorry you and your DD had to experience such fools. Be proud that you didn't respond with some snide comment like, "Hm--since I'M exercising, and YOU'RE not, that makes YOU the fat one! And it's all in your head!" Miss Manners would not approve. (But I would!) :D

Jude