Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   25% gone, and finally broke my barrier (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172381)

Luscious Fri, Mar-12-04 16:06

25% gone, and finally broke my barrier

Woohooo...... its taken me 6 weeks, but I was finally able to take another 2 pounds off my little weight loss graph <----- today. So I am 25% of the way to the goal I want to reach.

I had stalled on 268 for 3 weeks. I had an attempt and CAD and derailed for a week, it took me a long week after that to lose my cravings again, but for the past 2 weeks have been dedicated Atkins, and trying to break this barrier. I also gained 7 pounds in that "evil" week.. so i had to lose that also.

Well.... finally it happened. The scales are moving again and I am TOTALLY back in the zone. I didn't exactly do induction (had a little wine, nuts and seeds)... but how did I think it happened? I have not had a single frankenfood (love that term) for 2 weeks now, not a bite, lick or suck. Just REAL food... oh, and cabbage. I really believe cabbage helps my weight loss.

Oh, and maybe that nice new man I have been seeing a bit of the last couple of weeks :p Could be he is just taking my mind off what I eat, and putting it on what I do.

Another interesting observation... I am type 2 diabetic. Over the past couple of weeks I have had a glass of wine a few nights a week with the aforementioned man. When I have a glass of wine, the next morning my Blood Sugar levels are significantly (2 points) lower than if I don't have wine. Of course this means less insulin floating around my body, which means less fat storage, right? I really think my weight loss will be helped by getting my blood sugar levels at the low end of the acceptable range, rather than high end. This will be my other personal goal.

Well.. that was a long rant... but thanks for listening.. I feel good :D

leasmom Fri, Mar-12-04 16:31

Congratulations!!!

Sometimes it takes awhile...but glad you're not giving up :yay: :thup: :cheer:

Imber Fri, Mar-12-04 20:00

Good job!!!! Sounds like you need a new mini-goal now!

Paris Fri, Mar-12-04 20:02

Congratulations! You are doing wonderfully!

orchidday Fri, Mar-12-04 20:42

Congratulations on the 25%!!! You have come through a hard time and landed on top!!

Orchid

Rocky_Cdn Fri, Mar-12-04 20:54

Congrats!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

...On reaching the goal... and being so positive.

Rocky

Heath Fri, Mar-12-04 21:13

I'm really happy for you Luscious (still one of my favorite words in the English language). You sound happy and it's great to see you're getting healthier too. WTG!!!

H

ChrisCanDo Fri, Mar-12-04 22:42

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

meltinaway Fri, Mar-12-04 23:25

Way to Go!!!!!!!!!! Your body just had to catch up with what your mind was doing. Sometimes, it is just a little slow. Keep up the great work!

Chairface Fri, Mar-12-04 23:47

Congrats Luscious!!

You should be proud that you stuck it out through a prolonged stall. I'm really happy that things are working out better for you.

Good luck with your new guy! ;) You sound like a very enjoyable person, I hope you stay happy! Isn't it fun to be Up instead of down! (mood that is, not weight :lol: )

Great job! :cheer: :clap: :cheer:

liz175 Sat, Mar-13-04 03:49

Congratulations! Meeting those milestones is always great.

itsgottago Sat, Mar-13-04 12:22

Fie on the Frankenfood! It has stalled more than one person! You must fell so good reaching 25%!!

SuperSue04 Sun, Mar-14-04 22:13

YAY for you! :yay:

That's wonderful! Way to stick to your goals! Keep up the good work and you'll see those pounds flying off!

HAPPY WHOOSH-Day! :lol:

Sue

hummelda Sun, Mar-14-04 22:21

Wonderful, Luscious!!! Great reward for perseverance!

Tedmom Mon, Mar-15-04 09:55

Way to go, Lucious! Looks like you're doing great LC'ing and in other aspects of your life! Keep of the good work.