Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sugar Free Chocolate (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172187)

snmn&stars Thu, Mar-11-04 17:26

Sugar Free Chocolate

Anybody know anything about the new Hershey's sugar free chocolate? It says that it has lactitol in it which comes from milk sugar and it's supposed to have no effect on your blood sugar. I've had a couple pieces and they are pretty good. Do you know if we can have this on induction or should we avoid it? I'm just wondering because I have a sugar craving every now-and-again.

cathafer46 Thu, Mar-11-04 17:38

just be careful how many you eat..they might make you explode! :lol:

snmn&stars Fri, Mar-12-04 10:21

LOL!!! That's funny!! I read that warning on the website yesterday and they have that warning on the bag as well. It says "Excess consumption may have a laxative effect". Hey well we now have natural way to help out with some tough issues and it can be enjoyed while eating it. LOL!!!:clap:

Moonwalker Fri, Mar-12-04 22:47

no you cant eat those on induction, and they WILL stall you and knock you out of ketosis.. stay away from them

snmn&stars Fri, Mar-19-04 12:31

Just out of curiosity, why would these knock you out of ketosis?? I don't understand how alot of foods are low-carb, yet they don't work for induction. Can I have sugar-free jello??? I've been doing Atkins on and off for 3 years and it seems induction foods are getting harder and harder to find, but low-carb products are all over the place. ARGH!!!

Paris Fri, Mar-19-04 12:38

Induction is about eating whole foods that will help you break your dependence on sugar and starches. Shop the produce and meat departments along with the dairy case and you'll be fine.

Dewi Fri, Mar-19-04 12:39

Personally I don't like the Hershey's sugar fee, its not worth it the taste is off. I really like the sugar fee that are Belgian Chocolate SF.. Like Pure Delite brand is really good. Also the Hershey's will give you the runs if you dont agree with the sugar alcohols.

redruley Wed, Mar-24-04 10:35

0-Carb Chocolate that's Great!!

Just thought I'd drop a line about some awsome chocolate I found. I've been eating Z-Carb bars for my treat. They are so good and no laxitive after effects and no sugar (they use sucralose)!!! :yay: I'm back on induction and needed something sweet THIS IS IT!!! I got the plain milk chocolate at Wal-Mart and then checked them out on the web.... www.zcarb.com they have like 6 or 7 different flavors....Gotta check em out. I tried the Hersey's version and wow what a difference...Z-Carb is so much better. I think Hersey is trying to be sneaky by not saying anything about maltitol in their bars....word to the wise stay away from anything with "polyglycitol syrup" in it (it's just like maltitol). This nasty little beast made me run to the bathroom a few minutes after eating one of the Hersey's bars.
Hope this is helpful SNMN & everbody...you'll really love them! :)

lowcarbfoo Wed, Mar-24-04 10:38

I've been cruising around the forum looking for LC chocolate threads to follow in hopes that maybe there will be something to satisfy my addiction (and it definitely can be called that), and I've found that there isn't much out there. These new Hershey bars aren't even chocolate...they're called "chocolate candy"...that creeps me out right there. One of the biggest chocolate makers can't refer to it's own product as chocolate...

And don't even get me started about their devious tactics in labeling that redruley mentioned in the post above. I mentioned in another thread that they are using polyglycitol. This is MALTITOL AND SORIBITOL COMBINED! Stay away. I have found that it kicks me out of ketosis and into the bathroom.

I'm out.

P.S. - I do keep hearing great things about Z-Carb bars. Has anybody had any problems with these?