Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Unexpected first day (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172177)

WendyOH Thu, Mar-11-04 16:49

Unexpected first day

All I can say is that I am very surprised by my first day. The two CM's I planned for today completely held me until dinner. There were small cravings for gum and diet rite, but not bad at all, mostly just out of habit I suppose. After school I went grocery shopping. I had decided I was going to eat a LC meal and get Dairy Queen for afterwards. I was so worked up yesterday that I was sure that I would go hog-wild at dinner today. So I went to Trader Joe's, and the only things that seemed appealing to me that I don't normally buy are some whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and a large dark chocolate bar. Then I went to Meijer, and I didn't buy a single thing that was unusual. How strange. Then, as I drove past the Dairy Queen, I decided I didn't really care to have ice cream tonight. What sounded good instead was to have a little pasta. On my first day I am saying I don't feel like ice cream?????? Is there something wrong with my head? So I came home and at 5:11 started making dinner. I ate a little cottage cheese beforehand, and then for dinner had:

-a leftover turkey burger with a slice of mozzarella
-1.5 c. green beans
-2 oz whole wheat pasta with 1/2 c. marinara sauce (no sugar added)
-small salad with 1/2 green pepper, 4 mushrooms, and a splash of light Italian dressing
-some decaf green tea
-and 4 small squares (which is one serving) of the dark chocolate

I could barely eat the chocolate. I stopped at 45 minutes. It's only 6 pm, and I could eat for longer, but I don't want to. I can totally do this!!!! Now I just have to see how my body reacts on the scale. Boy do I ever hope that I don't gain weight, b/c this would be heaven to eat like this for life. I feel so in control, so content, and I didn't think that was supposed to happen right away either. Maybe tomorrow will be harder, so perhaps I am speaking too soon. Anyway, I just wanted to update you guys on how my first day went. Thanks for the support so far!:)

biol2000 Thu, Mar-11-04 16:52

Way to go - sounds like a great first day!

LadyBelle Thu, Mar-11-04 19:45

It may even get easier once your body adjusts. Many find they have =better health and weight loss staying away from refined sguars anyway. It sounds like you have a posative additude and are headed down the road to success :)

Vel Fri, Mar-12-04 04:36

Excellent start!

That was a terrific first day. My only comment would be to make sure that you started the clock on your reward meal with the cottage cheese, not when you sat down to dinner.

Very good..keep up the good work! :)

WendyOH Fri, Mar-12-04 05:00

Vel, That's a good point about starting the clock with the cottage cheese, and exactly what I did. I started eating at 5:11 and continued to munch on some of my veggies while making dinner, but didn't actually sit till around 5:30, finishing up around 5:45, completely within the time allotted. I am very intent on doing this right, by the rules, or else there is no point of trying it at all, failing, and whining later.

It's now the following morning, and I had a very restless sleep, but now I am wide awake. It was almost as if my body was saying, you just don't need this much sleep tonight. I weigh exactly what I weighed yesterday morning, 146.5, and just finished my CM (3 HB eggs, 1 light string cheese, 1 c. green beans). I was physically hungry, but it was hard to eat the eggs and cheese, if that makes sense. They just didn't really interest me and tasted rather plain. Well, I gotta go get ready for school now, so I hope you all have a great day. I really appreciate the helpful advice and support!!:)

Enomarb Fri, Mar-12-04 07:18

Wendy-
Fantastic day! You are really on your way. The great thing about CAD/CALP is the flexibility and simplicity. Good luck and welcome to CAD/CALP.

Vel Fri, Mar-12-04 13:15

Looking good!

Hey Wendy... you can always mix those hardboiled eggs up with some mayo.. mmmm.. egg salad!