Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bryers CarbSmart Ice Cream at Costco (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171533)

blueowl Mon, Mar-08-04 18:14

Bryers CarbSmart Ice Cream at Costco

The Costco in Richmond has Carbsmart Ice Cream in stock, only Vanilla. It's $5.89 for 1.89L.

I have tried this before, and did find it rather disappointing. Bryers was my favorite Ice Cream before low Carbing, and this stuff has no taste. But if you want to try it, it's available.

SJH Mon, Mar-08-04 18:24

You might want to try the Chocolate Carb Smart ice cream. It takes like a fudgcicle. No after taste either. :agree:

WIP Thu, Mar-11-04 12:48

ice cream

So far my favorite is the Chapman's No Sugar added Ice cream. There 's a bunch of flavors; Vanilla, Neapolitan(v good), Dutch Chocolate(v good), Cookies & Cream (beware, its almost too good), Butterscotch Ripple. They also make fudge bars & ice cream sandwiches, but they are a little high on the carb count for me.

2Airedales Thu, Mar-11-04 13:03

Wip
you forgot the Chapmans SF maple walnut... It's to die for!!!

blueowl Thu, Mar-11-04 13:28

Chapman's is the best, but it's so darn expensive. Superstore sells Vanilla for $4.22 for 1L, but the only other place I can find the different varieties is at IGA, and they want $5.99 for 1L. If there was a better place in Vancouver I would go there.

For Now I stick to to Western Family's. They sell 1.89L at PriceSmart for $5.99

callahan Thu, Mar-11-04 14:28

I really enjoy the Chapman's No Sugar Ice Cream Bars!!!

-Callahan-

moe146 Thu, Mar-11-04 17:31

Chapmans

Ouch! Here in Ontario you can get Chapmans Ice Cream for $2.99 for 1L at "No Frills". All flavors mentioned. We have a little scoop every single night after dinner.

rice_boi Fri, Mar-12-04 01:33

chapmans rocks! i love the canadian maple and chocolate flavours :D

bcbeauty Fri, Mar-12-04 11:54

Well Moe, we have to pay a sunshine tax for every thing here in BC..:lol: I can't wait for these treats...(in moderation of course).. but am still doing induction so alls I can do is read about them. :lol:

Tracey71 Fri, Mar-12-04 12:02

I think the Chapman's no sugar added Cookies and Cream is the best, but I can't wait to try the Breyer's now that we have it here.

blueowl Mon, Mar-22-04 18:24

Costco has some more goodies in stock. They have Dempsters Tortilla Shells (7G net carbs- $4.89 for 15) and Pitas (11g net carbs-$5.39 for 12) as well as Dempsters Bread White & Whole Wheat 7G each (I believe 2 bags for $4.50).

They also now have DIET ICE Botanical. This is noncarbonated fruit juice with 0g carb's, it is $16.99 for 24. I have never seen this in BC before, I have bought it down in the states, and it's great. 4 flavors can?t think of them right now, sorry.

sunpines Tue, Mar-23-04 09:36

Where's this PriceSmart, blueowl? Sounds like you're finding all sorts of goodies in New West area. Do tell!!!

blueowl Tue, Mar-23-04 13:18

Price Smart has two locations one on Arbutus in Vancouver and the other in the Hamilton are of Richmond, which is next to the Queensbourough Bridge. They are a divsion of Save on foods.

They don't really have a lot of low carb stuff- Ice Cream Carbwise Bread, SF bulk candy and gummies is about it, but they are much cheaper then everyone else in town, including Save on foods.

They are smaller stores, so they don't have much of a delli section or anything. I like them because they are close, and you know the prices are going to be cheaper.

Just an example is I bought a 3kg box of western family frozen chicken at Save on foods yesterday for $34.99 (it was two boxes for one so in this case worth the buy), but the price at Pricesmart is only $29.99 for the same box, and they have it on sale for $16.99 sometimes, also I have picked up 4kg boxes for $20, where even Costco is $30 for there box.

And they Ice cream I know I can get it when ever for $5.89, were save on is $6.50 unless it's on sale.

sunpines Wed, Mar-24-04 09:30

What a great lead! I've never heard of it before. Thanks very much, BlueOwl!