Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   100 day scale free challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170885)

Jade74 Thu, Mar-04-04 21:47

100 day scale free challenge

Hey there...
We're challenging anyone interested to stay off their metal monster for 100 days! The exception is if you have a doctor's appointment, but you should try not to look at your weight if you do have to get on a scale!

Muweek, fourkids, katwoman and I are signed up.... all others are welcome!

Jenn

muweek Fri, Mar-05-04 07:07

If you've ever lost it because of what the numbers ARENT..you should really join us..the freedom to just do what you need to lose weight/feel great without being judge that way is completely liberating!!!! Im so excited!
If I can go 120+ days without a donut (my devil food!) then I think I can handle this..or try to anyway!

fourkids Fri, Mar-05-04 08:01

I KNOW this will be hard for me. Heck, how am I gonna know how to feel each day without the metal monster setting the tone for the rest of my whole day in the bathroom each morning? (Hee, hee)

Yeah-hoo. Of course, I'm going to have to bury the scale in the backyard or something. That, or get my dh to hide them. I know I can't be trusted unless they are out of sight!

ttc#2 Fri, Mar-05-04 08:43

Good luck to you ladies.
Honestly I think the scale addiction is more difficult to break than the chocolate or diet coke addiction!

tashinpa Fri, Mar-05-04 08:48

I agree with ttc#2.... I don't think I could do it. Despite the fact that you are absolutely right to try!!!!

I know when I weigh myself in the morning and I've gained (for no logical reason), it drives me up the effin' walls --- but of course, on the other hand, when I am down a lb. the day is my friend.

Pathetic or what?

fourkids Fri, Mar-05-04 08:55

Hi Tashinpa,

I gotta say, you said it exactly!
Kathy

CindyLynn Sat, Mar-06-04 18:47

I'll join you all. I'm soooo sick of the scale making a day or even a week bad. I weighed this mornign for the last time in 100 days. Let's see how this goes. :)
~CindyLynn~

Jade74 Sat, Mar-06-04 18:59

Great Cindy Lynn,
Happy to have you on board! If you want to use the graphic, it's in my gallery...

katwoman Sun, Mar-07-04 22:04

Hi Cindy--glad you've joined us. This is tough, but I don't like feeling controlled by anything--I'm determined to beat the monster.

josiekat Sun, Mar-07-04 22:54

Ok, I think that I will give this a try......starting date is tomorrow?

Nothing frustrates me more than a scale that doesn't move.....so I'm throwing in the towel and signing up!

KittenLady Sun, Mar-07-04 23:43

Count me in! I keep getting upset when the scales aren't moving, and it's ridiculous. My measurements are demonstrating that my body is getting smaller, even if My Scale (named "Dog") isn't matching the change I feel. :agree:

My main reason for starting the low-carb (now moderate-carb) WOE was to get my blood sugar and my blood pressure under control, and I have succeeded at these two things. :thup: The more upset I get over the scales, the more erratic my blood sugar and pressure will get. It's not worth it.

Dog, you are relegated to The Dog House until June 15!

missaec Mon, Mar-08-04 00:42

I so could never do this challenge. But good luck to all of you!

fourkids Mon, Mar-08-04 07:35

oooh, I LOVE Dee's idea of naming our scale! I'm actually going to give this some serious thought. Ah, a new way to obsess about my scale. I'll be back later with the name. I'm leaning towards, "SHUT THE HECK UP!" though, since that's what I usually yell at it.

ButterflyA Mon, Mar-08-04 09:13

Good luck everyone! I could never do it, I admire all of you for trying! :)

elmuyloco5 Mon, Mar-08-04 18:16

I'll do it, when are we starting?? My husband has already threatened to lock it in the trunk of his car and hide his keys from me. He hates that I keep weighing myself. He won't weigh himself at all, infact, I had to beg him to get on the scale and then swear not to tell him his weight. I don't know why, but i just had to know what he weighed.....isn't that ridiculous????

ughh....get that thing away from me!!!!!