Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   female question -- mature content! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170560)

petcrazed Wed, Mar-03-04 15:15

female question -- mature content!

ok here is a strange question for you.

Has anyone noticed that they smell stronger down below? when my DH and I are having sex the smell i put off is much stronger. I know I dont have an infection or any thing (was just at gyno and forgot to ask). am I the only one who has noticed this?

akyser Wed, Mar-03-04 15:29

No I don't have that. I do have a harder time having an orgasim. It's nothing that my husband isn't doing. We've never had troubles before until I started this diet. I was wondering if anyone else had that problem,

Hilary M Wed, Mar-03-04 15:59

I think there's something really wrong with the both of you! :lol: Totally kidding. I have noticed a stronger feminine smell, which I attribute to stinky ketosis urine. This is pretty graphic and nasty, so I apologize, but I figure if something that smells as strong as ketosis urine is coming out of that region, things are bound to stink. At least that's how I explain it.

But no, I haven't had any unusual trouble with orgasms, although it's been a while since I had the energy/time to try!

Dewi Wed, Mar-03-04 16:05

A stronger scent (I broke out the FDS) no orgasm problems.

Dewi

ih74farmer Wed, Mar-03-04 16:39

I have noticed strong smelling urine.

Tinamarie6 Wed, Mar-03-04 16:47

Do you notice it if you are eating certain aspargaus or other veggies? when I was pregnant I smelled chinese food down there. But have not had any problems now.

lclaura Wed, Mar-03-04 17:18

Yikes Guys! lol. I haven't noticed the stronger smell, but I have noticed that I have been much more into sex lately. I mean like a LOT more. I wonder if it's because I've lost weight and feel sexier or if the carbs were killing my sex drive lol.. Anyone else notice the increase? Oh, and I wonder if the increased smell is from the different veggies like another poster mentioned. I agree that certain foods leave a lasting odor.. I can't believe I'm talking about this.. I swear to God, only on this forum!

ashley1 Wed, Mar-03-04 17:23

No smell - just the urine smells stronger. I wear pantyhose all day at work and do notice a different/stronger smell when I am about to have TOM. The pee actually smells like broccoli when I eat a lot.

Sex drive - more because i feel better about myself!

rosey1 Wed, Mar-03-04 17:43

maybe you could try one of those female washes like summers eve. it's like shower gel, for that area. it may help with any extra unwated odors.

petcrazed Wed, Mar-03-04 18:37

Its not all the time just when DH and I are "having fun" :blush:
it does not bother me anyother time. and i have been eating a lot of brocolli and spinich so maybe thats it.

jbird Wed, Mar-03-04 20:26

LOL!! I have seriously noticed a different scent of my urine also (Especially after I eat asparagus.) :roll: :roll: but nothing other than that but it really doesn't surprise me that you are having it. I think this WOE really changes a lot of things in our body.

ronsgirl Wed, Mar-03-04 23:32

LOL tinamarie6!!!!!!! That is so funny...smelling like chinese food down there..you gave me a good laugh....ok...I know this is a serious subject...but had to let you know I needed that laugh!

Porcellino Thu, Mar-04-04 00:12

No orgasms? Good God woman, eat some bread!!! I'm just kidding... I was just thinking it's hard enough giving up cookies, bread, icecream and cheesecake. On another note, I have not noticed a smell, but I will ask the interested party to get his head down there and do some up close and personal investigating :lol:

p.s. I'm sorry if I was too flippant, I just got the giggles reading the thread. I also forgot how strong it smells when I eat asparagus.

petcrazed Thu, Mar-04-04 00:17

Porcellino that is what got me to notice it i am very self conscious when my DH is doing indepth investigation down there

and thanks everyone i need a few good laughs today too. :agree: :lol:

Billiemill Thu, Mar-04-04 00:19

Okay, you guys are just killing me. It's so good to laugh. But I do think ketosis is can make your breath stink so I guess you could smell in other places. Maybe, I'll ask the interested party the same question. LOL (I needed that)