Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Quick Links in the margin (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=16981)

doreen T Sun, Aug-19-01 15:59

Quick Links in the margin

hey Wa'il,

I just noticed the quick links from the main website have finally found their way to the forum pages. Too kewl :cool:

But the thing I like best is the "Bookmark Us!" button. So many folks, lurkers and members alike have mentioned that they enjoyed our site, then couldn't find us again, because they forgot the web address or the site name.

Great idea!

Doreen

tamarian Sun, Aug-19-01 16:03

I finally got to it, so only 17 or so items left in my to-do list ;)

Credit for the bookmark idea goes to Fiona, so far it only works for IE, but hopefully soon to work for Nustscape as well.

Wa'il

fiona Mon, Aug-27-01 00:36

{Doreen: the quick links from the main website have finally found their way to the forum pages}

Sorry to put a damper on it but I've been struggling with those links ... LOL ... and not thinking nice things about them !

For one they have reduced my actual screen text size by 4cm or more. (2) The text used to wrap around and adjust before. Now I find myself going back and forth to read the end of the line and it sometimes irritates me. Now if Wa'il could fix that one (?) I'd be all for it.

BUT I do have to say looking at it from a New-comer's point of view it is a definite plus.

Take care

Deirdre Mon, Aug-27-01 06:56

Yes. I also have about 2 inches of blank space on either side of the text, wasn't sure if it was because of my display settings but I don't think it was like this before the links were on the side.

tamarian Mon, Aug-27-01 19:21

O.k. guys, test it again and let me know if it's better now.

Wa'il

fiona Mon, Aug-27-01 19:37

That's much better

Well I can read the whole line now without having to move my arrow buttons.

Screen is still a little bit smaller but that's okay. I can live with that.

Thanks Wa'il.

Deirdre Mon, Aug-27-01 22:11

Looks great to me, fills my whole screen now.

Thanks Wa'il!

fiona Wed, Aug-29-01 00:41

Links on the right? or left?

I am not quite "with it" this morning ... wondering if it's all in my mind ;) ... but has the Links column moved to the right of the screen?

I think it is much better on the right. 'cos I get the message on quickly and then the links can take their time - probably the little photo takes a few seconds longer. For me it is also more noticeable this way.

However it doesn't seem to be consistently on the right of the screen. It was on the left a few seconds ago just as I decided to come in and post these comments ! :confused:

Take care

tamarian Wed, Aug-29-01 00:48

Hi Fiona,

Yes, it's me playing around with things.

How do you like it now?

Wa'il