Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ben & Jerry's New Low Carb Ice Cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=169430)

DWRolfe Thu, Feb-26-04 15:30

Ben & Jerry's New Low Carb Ice Cream

I noticed today that the online grocer from which I order my groceries now offers a low carb ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. It's more carbs than I can have, but others might be able to handle it...

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Low Carb Karma Chocolate

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size .50 CUP
Servings Per Container 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories 150 Calories from Fat 110

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 12g 19%
Saturated Fat 8g 41%

Cholesterol 55mg 18%

Sodium 45mg 2%

Potassium 0 0%

Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 5g 19
Sugars 3g
Other Carbohydrate 0%

Protein 4g

DWRolfe Thu, Feb-26-04 15:32

Oh, and they also offer this brand of LC ice cream bars, which I have not heard of before:

Silhouette Ice Cream Bars Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 BAR
Servings Per Container 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 130 Calories from Fat 90

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5g 27%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 50mg 2%

Potassium 0 0%

Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20
Sugars 1g
Other Carbohydrate 0%

Protein 6g

Paris Thu, Feb-26-04 16:29

LOL, Ben & Jerry's is what brought me to LC in the first place... I am addicted to their Brownie Batter ice cream.

DWRolfe Thu, Feb-26-04 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris
LOL, Ben & Jerry's is what brought me to LC in the first place... I am addicted to their Brownie Batter ice cream.

:lol: That's an excellent point, Paris! I guess this must be part of their customer retention program. ;)

DarkLotus Thu, Feb-26-04 18:14

I've been looking for this ice cream every week, I'm with you Doanld, too high for me too. I'll stick to my occasional 1/2 cup of Atkins chocolate peanut butter ice cream. :)

ian559 Thu, Feb-26-04 20:48

I had the chocolate at a ben and jerrys here in my town. I was ok. I really have to say I like the atkins brand better. The ben and jerrys choc was kinda bitter. The vanilla almond was yummy though

cathafer46 Thu, Feb-26-04 22:10

doesnt the vanilla almond only have 2 net carbs?

Tracey71 Fri, Feb-27-04 12:55

It does have 2 net carbs but it is disgusting. I haven't tried the others, but the vanilla almond is really bad!

racefan20 Fri, Feb-27-04 13:31

I tried the Vanilla Almond today. It's not bad but I think the Breyers Low Carb Ice cream was much better.

cathafer46 Fri, Feb-27-04 22:10

i just tried the vanilla almond and didnt like it at all...i agree the breyers is much better..and so is carb solutions and atkins :)

Moonwalker Fri, Feb-27-04 23:03

have you guys tried Le Carb frozen desert? Ive had chocolate and vanilla, vanilla was REALLY good. Tastes like regular vanilla ice cream. 3 net carbs per serving.

chebbles Fri, Feb-27-04 23:27

My goodness, how lucky you all are to have low carb icecream at all! Here in Perth Australia we have zip in that department and s'pose have to make it at home. Mmmm. Never mind....for now will have to make do with home concoctions. :(

CHRISTINAR Sat, Feb-28-04 09:56

Hello,

Breyers has come out with a low carb ice cream.. Very yummy. I tried strawberry, only 4 net carbs per 1/2 cup serving... Wonderful news huh...

cathafer46 Sat, Feb-28-04 12:42

the le carb was good..i think i like the breyers the best :) i was in the supermarket yesterday..and i was looking at the tags on the shelf and they had atkins mint choco chip,swiss almond, and some kind of fudge flavor listed but they didnt actually have the product yet..has any one heard anything about new atkins flavors?

divvy Fri, Mar-05-04 10:54

Skinny Carb Bar

Well, this is my first post even though I've been scrolling and scanning through this forum secretly for quite some time now. :) I just thought I'd reply quickly to this topic regarding the mention of Silhouette Ice Cream Bars...I purchased the chocolate peanut butter Skinny Carb Bars recently and have to say in my opinion that they aren't worth the extra money or carbs. Luckily I bought them on sale. They weren't awful, but they weren't that good either. They were sort of a stale peanutty taste and not very chocolatey at all. I'd rather buy (Breyers) Carbsmart chocolate fudge bars at the same count of net carbs (3). Hope this helps. Thanks for being such a wonderful forum! :yay: