Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The fat disapears in CHUNKS? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167960)

Starmaker Thu, Feb-19-04 11:22

The fat disapears in CHUNKS?

I was wondering if this happened to the rest of you...it happened to me when I was near the end of my weightloss, and its now happening to my girlfriend. When the tummy was on its way out, I started losing chunks of fat at a time. For example, I would look at myself in the mirror and on one side of my tummy only there would appear to be a chunk taken out. The other side followed within a few days of weight loss but my GAWD did that look strange! Anyone else been freaked out by this happening to them?

I wouldn't let my sweetie see me naked for about 2 weeks during that phase :lol:

jedswife Thu, Feb-19-04 12:02

hey starmaker

i thought i was the only crazy one who thought this too.

i dont really think it was that noticeable visually but i could sure feel a dent/depression on one side of my stomach that wasnt on the other side. it was like a chunk was missing on one side only.

BlitzedAng Thu, Feb-19-04 12:21

I am not at my goal yet but I also noticed what felt like a tight line area in my abdomen. I hope it's a sign that it will finally go POOF, lol

2MuchPizza Thu, Feb-19-04 12:32

I too have recently noticed a missing "chunk" from the left side of my stomach! It is quite noticeable and it startled me at first, but now I can't wait for more of them to appear! :)

patigayle Thu, Feb-19-04 14:17

Lately, I've noticed that my midriff bulge is lop-sided....
I hope it's only temporary !

pati

leasmom Thu, Feb-19-04 15:07

Geesh...I am not noticing that. As a matter of fact, I am noticing the sides are smaller but my stomach is still bulging out, mind you smaller than before but still sticking out. I guess I'm losing on the sides first, don't know...

Supermommy Thu, Feb-19-04 15:48

I am with Leasmom.
Mine is disappearing off the sides but not on my tummy. I guess after 4 kids it felt it has a right to put up the good fight lol.

djcarbno Thu, Feb-19-04 16:18

hmm...I thought it was just an illusion in my mirror! But I have also noticed this!

Starmaker Thu, Feb-19-04 16:43

Yeah thats exactly what happens when the belly is on its way out, give your self a good pat on the back. It seems to come off in chunks off of the sides first, leaving a front tummy handle from hell! lol

Thankfully folks, it is the next thing to go!

leasmom Thu, Feb-19-04 17:56

"front tummy handle from hell!"-that's funny!!!

I have a long way to go before I will see it disappearing, but it's a little smaller, but as you all know we all want the tummy to zap away instantly...I will feel good once I stop looking 15 months pregnant-LOL!

Vel Fri, Feb-20-04 08:25

Interesting,

I haven't really noticed missing chunks, but I am definitely losing off the sides first, leaving the bulging belly out front. It looks weird... but then I love to grab on to my waist and feel it getting thinner :)

Other areas I have noticed getting thin are my shoulders and elbows, much bonier than before :)

LoCarbnit Sat, Feb-21-04 09:48

Yes! I thought I was the only one noticing this! My belly has an indent right in the middle now, and my right side is much more firm than my left. I assumed it was because im right handed, so therefore used my right side of the body more??

mio1996 Sun, Feb-22-04 11:47

I have never experienced the chunks disappearing, but my uppermost abs have become much leaner than the tummy area just below them.
I am with Vel on the bony joints. After I lost about fifty pounds, I started noticing that I had bones and veins :) At times, I actually thought I had developed tumors because I had never seen or felt those joints before.
Everyone keep up the good work!

freckles Mon, Feb-23-04 00:52

hhhmmm...I would LOVE to look in the mirror and see missing 'chunks' out of my belly!!!! :lol: I can now feel my ribs when I'm lying down, for the first time in years. So maybe that means I'm one of the ones loosing from the sides first? Please say yes...because as far as I can tell my belly is just getting smaller all over, but still bulging all over too.

BlitzedAng Mon, Feb-23-04 07:29

I do NOT want to look the way I did before this WOL, but what I find very odd looking is my legs are like bony twigs so it makes my back side look like I have WAY to much junk in this trunk.
I lost it on my chest,legs and arms but my mid section looks quite odd. HMMMPH!!!