Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Just starting (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165623)

Draven9981 Mon, Feb-09-04 09:14

Just starting

I am just starting this will begin my second week, however, I kinda expected to see *something* even a half pound already.

My menu is kinda the same everyday ith minor changes

Loads of water I go through a 2.5 gallon every two days. since i started on the 2nd. Which is amazing for me, i hated water and am finally getting the hang of it.

Morning is 1 egg and fiesta chicken 3 ounces (comes in a frozen bag, its tiny strips sorta like meant for chicken burrito or osmething)

loads more water
Lunch
couldbe one of three things

beef broth by itself, tuna salad no bread just mayo and oregano
or another egg with chicken pieces

dinner is either chicken or pork chop last night was hoki fish fillet cooked in butter and lemon pepper. and tons more water.

Also a ? if you all do not mind. During that T.O.M hide any results? I happened to start this right when it started.

thanks for your help!

hislady Mon, Feb-09-04 09:26

Hello Draven!

Welcome to the forum. I was looking at your food intake and it doesn't seem like you eat enough. I am no expert or anything but you may not be getting enough veggies in there. Veggies are very important the this WOE. That was one of my first lessons. Also TOM affects my weight loss/gain. Sometimes I go up a couple of pounds others I have just stayed the same. Then once its gone I loose a pound or so. Its all water retention. Hope this helps.

Good luck on your journey!!

Draven9981 Mon, Feb-09-04 09:27

Well, I was gonna do the veggies til I saw that MOST of them were HIGH CARB. Can this still be done then?

scorpio381 Mon, Feb-09-04 09:29

I'd check out the ingredients in those frozen fiesta chicken pieces. I'm wondering if there are some hidden carbs in them. Also, I would think beef broth contains a lot of sodium (don't know this for sure, but it sure does taste like it whenever I've had it). You might want to check that out as it could contribute to water retention. And yes, you'll find that TOM will cause water retention too, so you might not show any results until that time has passed.

Good luck!

hislady Mon, Feb-09-04 09:39

Well sure it can be done there are lots of veggies that you can eat. Brocolli/lettuce (iceberg/romane)/ celery, spaghetti squash, spinach etc. You will have to be creative. Check out the recipes on this forum there are tons that incorporate veggies in.

Draven9981 Mon, Feb-09-04 09:42

Thanks, I guess the veggies are gonna be the hard part. I am mainly a portabello, onion and green pepper kind of girl I bet u can blow a whole day of carbs with that!

hornbrau Mon, Feb-09-04 09:44

Veggies are also an important source of fibre, and you'll need that if you want to keep regular.

Draven9981 Mon, Feb-09-04 09:47

LOL, great just what I need.. MORE Regulairity! Since started LC That seems to be all I am is very Regular...lol..

Thanks everyone for your help, I need it!