Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Just starting and unsure! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165059)

CajunCarbr Fri, Feb-06-04 14:44

Just starting and unsure!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Tahoma]
Hi, I'm just starting out. I started Atkins on Jan. 19th. Husband and I each lost 7 lbs. first week. Week two Nothing for me. I'm very frustrated. I feel like I'm a little slimmer and not so puffy, but the scale didnt budge. Boy did that let the wind out of my sails. I was completely faithful to the plan.

Has anybody else stalled after just 1 week?

Thanks,

CajunCarbr

gmezz Fri, Feb-06-04 18:59

I am having the same problem. I have not lost a thing in about 2 weeks. Dont know what i am doing wrong.

madmike Fri, Feb-06-04 19:05

Hi guys:

I don't remember the exact quote, but Atkins doesn't consider it a "stall" until you have gone at least 30 days without any weight loss or inches lost. So, you have 3 weeks to go before you are in a stall!
Our bodies are wonderful creations, and one thing I always have believed is that sometimes my body thinks I am starving and it "fights" weight loss for awhile until it gives in. I have been stuck in the same 3 lb fluctuation for a month at a time and then all of a sudden, I go back to a steady weight loss.
This takes months, not weeks, so stay the course. Once you have reached the 30 day mark and haven't made significant progress over that time period, ask here for advice on how to break the stall.
Oh, one more thing... are you in ketosis? mad

gmezz Fri, Feb-06-04 19:08

what is ketosis? and how to you check it? I am not doing the akins diet. I am eating all protein. I heard it is almost the same.

madmike Fri, Feb-06-04 19:16

Ketosis is the state your body goes into that causes you to lose weight. It is triggered by a reduction of carbs as balanced against an increase in fat. Bottom-line is, if you are in ketosis, you are losing weight. You can find ketosis strips at any pharmacy but you have to ask. Mike

Zuleikaa Fri, Feb-06-04 20:18

You'll find some answers by reading the different threads. You'll find encouragement as well!!!

Marge Fri, Feb-06-04 20:25

As you can see by my signature, I had a big loss the first week and slowed down in the next two. I'm not worried as I use the test strips for ketones and know I'm still in ketosis (burning fat) because I'm passing ketones in my urine.

The other teller is that I'm feeling better and I'm having trouble keeping my pants up.

Men tend to burn the fat faster than women and women tend to slow down when they are getting close to that TOM (I can retain up to 4 lbs of water then)

Ask your self if you feel better and if the clothes are getting loser?

naturalbb Sat, Feb-07-04 14:58

hey cajun carber hamg in there if wanting to know some things you could possibly do to help just let me know.I am a fitness trainer and i know how to work out of plauteaus, i am also from the mew orleans area