Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Sweet cravings at that TOM? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162904)

aria1964 Wed, Jan-28-04 11:36

Sweet cravings at that TOM?

Helloooooooo,

Have any of you ladies noticed that you have stronger sweet cravings at that TOM? I find I go along, no problems, no cravings, and then... BANG! I want to eat everything in sight! Added to that, the fact that my weight already goes up around then.... :cry:

Any suggestions on dealing with this? My resolve also seems to waiver for a few days...

Thanks!

Aria~

2Airedales Wed, Jan-28-04 11:55

Hi

I get LOADS of cravings during TOM & PMS. What do I do... I eat! :lol:

I eat deli meats w/mayo, or celery w/cream cheese or PB & sometimes I give into the sweets cravings by having either LC Ice cream or a Ross Chocolate bar. I know it's not the best situation but I can have just the one & be happy. As long as I don't eat real sugar I'm ok. Not everyone can do this. Some fall totally off the wagon and get even more cravings. It depends on how your body reacts.

aria1964 Wed, Jan-28-04 12:04

thanks!

Yesterday I had dinner, which was some healthy stir-fry with broccoli and snow peas, but then I ate a BUNCH of nuked cheese chips, and about 4 lowcarb homemade peanut butter cups! I was able to resist eating real sugar, but my carb count for the day was too high, and I was disappointed.
I still felt hungry when I went to bed, though I "know" it's in my head... :roll:

It's the out of control feeling I don't like....

Aria~

2Airedales Wed, Jan-28-04 12:12

I know I get famished during PMS, I can eat & eat nonstop and still be hungry!! And i don't count carbs during those days, I know it'll pass.
Another suggestion is SF jello it's pretty good too.

AirForce2B Wed, Jan-28-04 12:41

Do what i do....I have a shaved ice machine....I eat a huge cup of shaved ice, so i feel full (due to all the "eating) but all i really did was eat a lot of water...so to speak. =)

aria1964 Wed, Jan-28-04 18:10

Shaved ice?

Airforce2B: Is that something like a slush puppie? Not sure...

2Airedales: I had forgotten about SF jello! That sounds great, with a little heavy cream on top.... yummy! I also appreciate what you said about not counting those days. They are the only ones that I have difficulty with, and I know it's a passing thing.
BTW, how did you get your little picture to appear? Seems I'm computer challenged!! :p

Thanks again!

Aria~

gilibel Wed, Jan-28-04 19:08

Cocoa stimulates our "happy hormones" and can be of great help during grumpy PMS-days. Some unsweetened cocoa powder in heavy whipped cream I regard as pure medicine at this TOM. And of course, eat fat and filling foodles... :)

Karen Thu, Jan-29-04 10:13

Another thing you may want to try is canned tuna with lots of mayonnaise. Not as much fun as chocolate ;) but it does work!

Karen

aria1964 Thu, Jan-29-04 11:31

Karen and gilibel:

That's hilarious! I just finished lunch and logged on:

Tuna and mayo, and 2 squares of Lindt 85% :yay:

Seems to me the body must be in agreement with these choices!

So, on a lighter note, I'm safe for another month! :p

Oh, the joys......

Aria~

gilibel Thu, Jan-29-04 11:42

Ah! You're one of the enlightened!! :D

I also do Lindt 85%. Wonderful cocoa kick and no craving in sight after a 10g square = 2 netcarbs.

I also gobble a can of fat mackerel in tomato sauce when in need.

:)

AirForce2B Thu, Jan-29-04 12:43

It's not a slush puppie, even though I know what you're talking about....just pure, shaved ice.