Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Big loser (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162031)

AzureMoon Sat, Jan-24-04 18:46

Big loser

Pardon me folks, but I'd like to toot my own horn:

I've lost 50 pounds!

And I'd like to thank the forum for making it possible. I'm more of a lurker than a poster and I've not forged new, lasting friendship here, but each of you have helped me in your own way. Reading the daily posts, using the search function to find answers and borrowing recipes have all aided in making the LC WOL a reality for me. And the mega-post about Curves convinced me I could exercise -- and like it!

I'm now officially over half way to my goal. Thanks, one and all, for helping me to find my inner-strength to make the changes in my eating habits and life style that are making life fun again.

Paleoanth Sat, Jan-24-04 18:55

That rocks!!!

It has got to feel good to know that you have control over your life and your body.

Congratulations! I know you will be just as successful with the last 49 pounds.

potatofree Sat, Jan-24-04 18:56

Toot away!!!!

Great work!

djcarbno Sat, Jan-24-04 19:16

WOW!!! Great job...I too think the forum is great - I have gotten so many ideas on how to stay on track.
Keep up the good work!!

jude Sat, Jan-24-04 19:18

YEAH. CAROL!!!! Congratulations ! I know exactly how you feel. Great, isn't it? Did you believe in the beginning that this would work? I'm still pinching myself to make sure it isn't a dream.

judy

hey_Neener Sat, Jan-24-04 22:34

Great job! I'm close on your tail and can't wait to toot my OWN horn! You have got to be pumped!

freckles Sat, Jan-24-04 22:44

congrats, azuremoon!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel...I made the 50 lb. mark today too! Celebrated by going out and buying some new clothes. Isn't it grand?

Kaillean Sat, Jan-24-04 23:09

Woohoo! 50 LBS gone forever!

:cheer: :dazzle: :Party: :wiggle: :agree: :thup: :clap: :dazzle: :cheer:

60sChild Sat, Jan-24-04 23:22

ALRIGHT!

Congrats!

Sherry

Smudgie Sun, Jan-25-04 00:56

WOW! Congratulations, Carol!
And to you, too freckles! There are a lot of success stories here on this board!

Emmsy Sun, Jan-25-04 07:21

Congrats!!!!

picaboo Sun, Jan-25-04 08:40

....(((WOW))) (((WOW))) (((WOW))).....good for you !!! and Im SO SO SO envy too.....keep on the great job.......

AzureMoon Sun, Jan-25-04 09:56

Thanks, everyone!

Picaboo, hang in there! I'm proof it will work if you let it. You'll be there soon!

Neener, you're just a skip away from 50 but much closer to One-derland. Now that will be a magical place to be! I'll see you there soon!

Freckles, congrats to you, too!

Jude, no, I didn't think it would work or be so darned easy! The unbelievable part is that this is a WOE that I can live with the rest of my life. It's not a "diet" where you are counting the seconds until you can go back to eating X because you feel like you are starving. We get to eat the good stuff and miraculously end up at/maintain a healthy weight.

Again, thanks to all of you and the forum as a whole! You were the source of my inspiration. :agree:

beachmum Sun, Jan-25-04 10:35

What a great post! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!