Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   My scale was 12lbs off!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161582)

shrtsh1t Thu, Jan-22-04 16:46

My scale was 12lbs off!!

I had a feeling it was a little off but not 12 lbs! My mom and my brother told me one time how much they love my scale. They said it wasnt right. Its old one. So I went to Costco and bought a nice new digital scale. I couldnt believe the difference. I dont know if its always been 12 lbs off. So I have no idea what weight I started at. So I am starting over. I thought I had lost about 15-20 lbs.
I will keep truckin. I have been working out everyday since "the new scale". I know I shouldnt judge the scale but judge the way the clothes are fitting, but its 12 lbs! :)

Shrtsh1t - who thought she weighed 165

Dee30 Thu, Jan-22-04 16:48

Just add 12lbs to your start weight. I found out a couple of months ago mine was 10lbs off. I was highly upset. Subtract the loss and it should put u where u are now.

Goodluck and keep your headup

maggieb Thu, Jan-22-04 17:57

I had the exact same thing happen to me! Mine was 11 lbs off!! I was VERY upset. BUT once you get over the initial shock, remember....you STILL lost that weight!! YOu just started out higher thats all :) your work still counts just as much!!

picaboo Thu, Jan-22-04 17:59

....LOL....yap, your cloths are the best once....ever....:-))))

Mims Thu, Jan-22-04 18:02

That's exactly why I am afraid to buy the digital scale my DH wants to get.

ashley1 Thu, Jan-22-04 18:49

My cousin has a body fat scale - that thing is evil. Found out I was 39% -hmmm - motivated my exercise program though...

allibaba Thu, Jan-22-04 20:24

My scale is exactly 4 pounds lighter than my doctors scale. Each time I go, it shows the same thing.
How do those body fat scales work? What does it need to give that info?

Alli

Lammie22 Thu, Jan-22-04 20:27

I have one of those doctors' scales. It doesn't lie. It's depressing.

llabonte Thu, Jan-22-04 20:56

I feel your pain!!!! Mine was off by 12 pounds too! What the heck is it with those darn things! I bought a digital scale about a year ago and it shocked and depressed the crap out of me. I don't know, can the digital ones lie to us like the old fashioned needle type? Lor

djcarbno Thu, Jan-22-04 21:00

Well I too threw away from old dial scale the 2nd week of induction. i bought a fancy smanchy digital scale - but lo and behold it weighed me about 20 lbs lighter! I am keeping it!!! LOL

Willie Thu, Jan-22-04 21:03

I never even thought about my scale being off...ahhhhhhhh
i just figured that i started at 234 then that was my real weight..great what if it wasn't?
lol
too late to worry about that now tho!well i'm headed to th dr's in the am so i'll weigh in on his scale and see what they say..lets keep our fingers crossed its the same as mine!!

Willie Thu, Jan-22-04 21:05

oh i was also going to ask which scales are better?i have a dial scale,but its new as of last week since my hubby dropped his shaving cream on the other one and smashed it to peices!!
sorry for the double post!

Dewi Thu, Jan-22-04 21:16

i heard the dial ones are more accurate. But to me we should just make sure its strain gauged.

solamander Thu, Jan-22-04 21:23

Same thing happened to me.
I don't weigh myself that often- once every 1-2 weeks. I bought my new digital scale last month I was so upset the first time I weighed myself thinking I gained 4 pounds! Then I got back on my old scale and I was 4 lbs lighter. So I was actually 4lbs heavier when I started! I went and readjusted my start weight and current :(
but I guess I still lost the same amount-they're just numbers

2B-ABLE Thu, Jan-22-04 22:48

O lawd!!! I dont want to even think about my scale being off. It is a needle one, and there is a chance that it is off. But I did weigh on another scale at a friends house also needle which gave the same reading.. so whatever..the point is that the needle is pointing a looot lower than it was at the begining.