Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Climbing on for the ride!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161547)

MelodyVAKS Thu, Jan-22-04 13:50

Climbing on for the ride!!!!

I already introduced myself in the Introduction section but I thought I should at least say hello here. My name is Melody. I am a 44 year old mother and grandmother. I have 185 pounds to lose. I have FMS, diabetes, osteoarthritis, etc. etc. All of those things that go along with putting too much weight on a little frame. I know I would feel 100% better if I got this excess weight off. I'm ready for a new WOL.

3kittens Thu, Jan-22-04 13:54

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!! (I'm new too, but so far this has been INCREDIBLE!!!!!!)

irisda Thu, Jan-22-04 14:06

Hi,

I started out 11 months ago with similar stats. It works if you work it!

You can do it. :yay:

treese10 Thu, Jan-22-04 14:16

Welcome Melodyvaks, this is a great site
Treese

mudknife Thu, Jan-22-04 14:41

Welcome MelodyVAKS. Osteoarthritis sucks! I've had it in both hips and finally had two total hip replacements. The medicine they put me on made me gain weight like crazy but it was all they could do for the pain. Where do you have the arthritis?

DWRolfe Thu, Jan-22-04 14:45

Hello, MelodyVAKS! Weclome to the forum and to the Triple Digits Club!

Lcing helps so much with aches and pains associated with being overweight. You'll be surprised at just how much it will help you and how quickly.

Good luck!

Ellen-mom Thu, Jan-22-04 15:38

Welcome Melody! There is nothing like a support group to help you along. Hope we can help. If nothing else, you can see for sure that you are not alone!!!

Amazlilith Thu, Jan-22-04 15:39

Welcome aboard!

memaw O5 Thu, Jan-22-04 15:54

Hey melody Welcome to the group. You'll be feeling better before you know it.

MisterE Thu, Jan-22-04 16:24

You have come to the right place for support!

diemde Thu, Jan-22-04 21:14

Hi Melody. Welcome to the TDC. :wave: You found the right home, finally! :lol: This group is so supportive and understanding. We are all in this journey together! I hope you can start reaping the benefits soon so that some of the physical problems disappear forever!

hummelda Thu, Jan-22-04 21:36

Hi Melody, Welcome -- you will find support here through thick and thin - stick with us, we're all here for you!

Dewi Thu, Jan-22-04 21:41

Welcome to TDC, you will definately find the support you need in here.

Luscious Fri, Jan-23-04 03:04

hi Melody.. welcome. You will find this a great support group. I am also diabetic, so please feel free to private message me, or post on here if you have any questions or need any help. Just as an indication my blood sugar level has dropped by 60% since end November and is now almost in normal range consistently. I have SOOOO much more energy and feel so much better. I realised today that my knees don't hurt any more also .

Best wish and stick with it.. will be worth it for you.

Wolfiesask Fri, Jan-23-04 21:54

HI Melody! Welcome to the TDC! Pardon my ignorance but does FMS stand for fibromyalgia? Always nice to see a new person!

Nicole