Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Help I cheated and can't get started again ! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161167)

chargeit Wed, Jan-21-04 07:20

Help I cheated and can't get started again !

It started Thanksgiving and continued through Christmas. Last week was youngest ones birthday 11 years old . I keep saying I'm restarting but then just one cracker then just a piece of cake. I've kept away from the sodas even though they are diet and drinking water. Can't seem to get to exercise. When I go to the mall and walk my back retaliates (arthritis) and I pay for it at night. Ok time for the reality...... I DON'T want to gain this weight back. And it is starting to creep up on me. I want to ride on a plane without the seatbelt extension. I want to keep up with the rest of the family walking place to place. Any suggestions ?:cry:
Sandy

Aysiama Wed, Jan-21-04 07:34

My only suggestion is to believe in yourself. You CAN follow this way of eating. Look at your stats.. you lost 27 pounds!!!!
I know it isnt easy.. I have quit this 2 times after staying faithful for 4-5 months each time. I am beginning to think that people have major life crises just to throw me off my eating.. lol.. or maybe I just lack self-control?
Each day is a new one and each day that you stay on your diet is easier than the day before. I am on day 16 of Induction and am FINALLY not hungry all the time.. whew.. took forever this time.
So.. you tell yourself this morning that TODAY you are going to eat right.. let tomorrow be tomorrow's worry.
When you are tempted to eat something that isn't ok.. think.. EWWWWWW that is the enemy.. it isnt gonna win today!

tofi Wed, Jan-21-04 07:50

Make a plan and prepare for it.

Say: I will restart LCing on January_____.

Then get rid of all the major trigger foods that are in your house.

Even more important, stock up on the LC foods that you like to eat. Meats, cheese, pork rinds.

As part of your plan, decide that you will eat LC foods when you crave the other stuff. The cravings will almost certainly go away. It's just your body trying to get you to give it the "easy stuff" for fuel. Be stern.

You DESERVE to feel in control of your etaing again and the only way to that is through the first days of Induction. It won't be as hard as the first time.

Now - which day is going to be your Day 1? Mine is Jan. 26

adkpam Wed, Jan-21-04 08:15

The physical cravings will go away. You have to make sure the mental ones do too. Figure out what you are thinking (or not thinking) when you try to reach for that rotten stuff.

Justjen72 Wed, Jan-21-04 16:27

I usually ate when I was bored. Anytime you feel the boredom creeping in, do something else. I usually get on here and read when I feel that nothing else to do, should go snack feeling.

cosmicv Wed, Jan-21-04 18:18

I went through this... Ive recently started back and it took me almost a YEAR to get back on the bus. 30lbs gained back too :(

Thats ok, now Ive convinced the wife to go along with it and the kids are doing it as well. Shes really getting into the various recipies and I just got back from the "low-carb" grocery (yeah!) with my first batch of low carb wraps, like the use at subway (5 grams each).

Shes gonna fix me and the kids a wrap for lunch and a good health LC dinner at night. Were doing the low carb EAS drinks for a breakfast.

Im very optimistic, it worked so well for me before (50lbs in 3 months!). Im going to get back to 180 if it kills me ;)

madmike Wed, Jan-21-04 18:31

PRAY! And believe me, I am not a bible-thumper by any stretch and don't even attend church regularly. But, I do pray every night and part of that prayer is to give me strength to stick to my diet the next day. It always gives me a little extra "umpphh" during the tough times during the day. M A D

justcindy Wed, Jan-21-04 19:23

I went thru this too, was off low carb for 2 months and it was so hard to start back. Ok, you just have to buckle down and go thru induction again. You know the cravings will go away, you have already been there. You know you can do this, you already did! Just hang on and don't give up! I agree with MAD, pray for strength!
Remember how important YOU are, you deserve to feel good!!!
~Cindy

Ruralgurl Wed, Jan-21-04 21:29

Yea I am starting over again too! I am presently on day 10!
All I can suggest is to take it one day at a time. Just making it through that first day will lift your spirits and give you that encouragement you need. Do it for yourself! Try to put yourself first and do that all day the first day. You'll get back on.
Hey here's a hand up ... :thup: Chargeit. Well a thumb but it is the best I could do just now.

I am going to suggest starting a journal , people always suggested I start one and I didn't. This time I am hoping it will be my bit of responsibility (like we do not have enough) to keep up on ! Gives me a reason to check in on the rest of the forum too!
See you around the forum!