Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   constantly peeing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160126)

joycef Fri, Jan-16-04 19:37

constantly peeing

ever since starting the LC diet I pee constantly and if I don't constantly go my bladder starts to hurt.Is it normal to be going this much?Do I need more carbs?

Squid Fri, Jan-16-04 19:47

That is very normal, especially in induction. It should get better with time. How long have you been LC'ing?

tofi Fri, Jan-16-04 20:03

Or it could be something your doctor should see to - like cystitis. Frequent urination should taper off if you've been drinking several quarts of water daily since you started LCing. Your body adjusts to it.

Which LC diet are you following and how many carbs do you usually eat in a day? We can't make any recommendations if we know nothing about you.

Anything painful is a signal to consult your doctor.

orchidday Fri, Jan-16-04 20:13

HI JoyceF!

I have never heard of anyone urinating more often because they are low-carbing. Drinking more water would do that, but the low-carbing foods should not make any difference. Experiencing pain when your bladder is full is definitely a sign of a bladder infection. You might want to get yourself some cranberry pills and really drink a LOT of water to see if you can clear it up -but you might want to get to a doctor. Good luck and i hope you feel better soon! Orchid

carole_tn Fri, Jan-16-04 20:19

I agree with the moderator, but if you are putting out a good volume of dilute (light colored) urine when you go, drinking the water, and not experiencing any discomfort other than a full bladder, my guess would be the WOE. I had to get up two or three times a night when I was doing induction, as well as frequent trips to the loo during the day.

it gets better ~smile~, and its worth it.

Squid Fri, Jan-16-04 20:29

Love your answer Liv2004!!!!

joycef Fri, Jan-16-04 20:31

peeing

I've been on the atkins diet for about three months but started the induction again after the holidays.I have noticed losing alot of fluid retention and other than the peeing and abdominal discomfort feel fine. If it persists much longer I'll see my doctor but I think if it was a bladder infection it would hurt more when I went.I was eating alot of high protien foods with alot of sodium so maybe it's all the water retention from that.

petcrazed Fri, Jan-16-04 20:44

well i notice when i am burning fat i pee more which makes sence since for ever 2 carbons cut off a fat chain a water molicule (sp) is made.
Think about it a camels hump is all fat so that it can store water!!! that is how they can go so long with out water.

but if it hurts like you discribe and the need to urinat is frequint with out much volume it most likly is a bladder infection.

Moonwalker Fri, Jan-16-04 21:29

i pee all day long, nothing to worry about :)

BlitzedAng Sat, Jan-17-04 09:51

Man, I peed more on induction than when I was 8 months pregnant. It's a good sign.

Gunnabe Sat, Jan-17-04 11:10

Definately seems normal to pee alot on induction. I know I do. I alsways wake up with the painfully full bladder though....cause I try and drink a quart before bed.

It seems to take 5 times as long to pee too. I get bored standing there waitning to finish now. :) And it is really bad on the interstate...you got to stop on the side of the road and look like a hillbilly and ya cannot even make it a quick one. Just wave at people is about all ya can do.

ChristaS Sat, Jan-17-04 11:29

This is one time when I'm not jealous that I can't stand up to pee! At least we girls get to sit. :lol:

delilah Sat, Jan-17-04 11:43

I too, have the same problem, but I'm not concerned about it! All of that water + weight loss makes my classmates think there's something seriously wrong with me!!! No one else has to run out the door 3 times during a 3 hour class! :D

maryc Sat, Jan-17-04 12:40

I have always had to go a lot. And there does seem to be a little pain when my bladder is too full. Not in going. but in my tummy area but it is just because it is too full.

Ummm I don't know but to me it seems a lot harder for us girls along the road than it is for the guys. we have to expose more. hehe

djcarbno Sun, Jan-18-04 12:33

I drank so much water that I wished I would have bought stock in toilet paper!