Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I finally broke my 3 week stall (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159696)

Mac1 Thu, Jan-15-04 10:09

I finally broke my 3 week stall

I have been stalled at the same darned weight for 3 weeks, and it appears that I have finally figured out how to get moving again (I've lost 2 lbs so far this week!) I had to look at my portion sizes! I had gotten into the habit of eating whatever I wanted if it was on the food list, but I needed to cut back just a bit. so by not having a 4 egg omlette when 2 will do, and skipping that extra helping of chicken just cause it tasted so good, I seem to have bumped my loss back into gear. I don't go hungry by any means, I just don't eat more than I need. I also gave up my diet soda with aspartme. I 'm sure that was contributing to my stall as well. maybe this info will help someone else in a stall, too!!!!

HTH

ouch Thu, Jan-15-04 10:41

that's aweome, good for you. I stalled last year for months...but started back on induction this january, so hopefully it won't happen again!!

allibaba Thu, Jan-15-04 13:21

Congratulations for sticking with it :) Same thing happened to me I stalled from 12/4 - 12/19. It's hard to stay focused when you're not losing, but you did great!!! Keep up the good work.

Alli

Bill L Thu, Jan-15-04 16:09

Good job analyzing your stall. I had an 8 day stall last month. I finally determined that sugar alcohols were the culpret. I think they make my blood sugar spike, just like real sugar.

But it's tough when you're accustomed to losing a pound a day for 28 days!!! That's what I did. Now it's been 10 more pounds in the next 6 weeks. Quite a change. As long as I'm still losing, I'm happy.

Bill......310/272/225.........lost 38 pounds on "The BEACH"

mommyto3 Thu, Jan-15-04 17:56

Congratulations! Good for you for seeing the 'problem' and correcting it!

You're doing great!

flynnlee Thu, Jan-15-04 18:08

i'm glad someone else is having the same problem! it's amazing how at the beginning you don't necessarily have to worry about portion sizes; i'm to the point where it's the last twenty pounds and i'm realizing that i'm consuming TOO much fat and TOO many portion sizes...i'm glad to read your post; it's motivated me to start cutting some things out...

Idabelle Thu, Jan-15-04 18:27

It is confusing because we are advised to keep our fat up. I have quite a easy time keeping carbs under control but the weight comes off very slowly. I will try to cut my fats back. When comparing other people's menus they look like they eat as much fat as I have been. I will experiment too.

Mac1 Thu, Jan-15-04 18:54

The support on this site is amazing! thanks for all your encouragement. it took me a while to figure out that some of what Dr. Atkins says in his book my not be quite accurate (in my humble opinion). I am totally convinced that this WOL will work for me, but when Atkins says things like "DOn't bother trimming the fat off that steak" and "don't worry about calories, just count carbs" he may be saying something that is not completely true. it has taken me a few months to figure out that, for me anyway, calories DO count, I DO have to watch portion sizes even if I'm eating "legal" foods, and that I can't eat liberally, as he suggests. I think any low carb plan will have elements we don't agree with, but we have to find what works for us individually. I am trying to lose weight, and my portion sizes and indulgences need to reflect that. BUt hunger is not part of this WOL. I know that when I'm hungry, I can eat. I just need to listen to my body to know when to stop!!!! Thanks again for the support! I have a wonderful little feeling that tells me this WOL will, at long last, help me get this wretched weight off and keep it off! Best of luck to you all.