Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Re-Inducting Today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156879)

marchbaby Sun, Jan-04-04 11:08

Re-Inducting Today

I just realized I'm up 4 lbs., although I'm not really cheating, I need to go back and re-induct for atleast two weeks and list every morsel I eat on Fitday.com.
I went back to my first induction to see what I was eating at the time.
I'm also going to browse through DANDR for a little personal pep talk!

tampa_girl Sun, Jan-04-04 11:11

Good luck Marchbaby! Sometimes it's good to get back to the basics.

suzanneM Sun, Jan-04-04 11:12

I really need to buy DANDR as well - I've been going off the older version and I've been told that the new has lots of good additional info.

marchbaby Sun, Jan-04-04 11:29

hopefully I'll be getting an original hardcover copy of the '72 book, even if I don't decide to read it, it'll go into my Atkins collection. I have DANDR, I know I had a softcover version of DANDR that I bought in '98 (doesn't have info on deducting fiber or sugar alcohols), I have Atkins for Life and The Vitanutrient Solution book that I bought after an Atkins booksigning 6 yr ago.
I got to shake the great doctor's hand and thank him!

beachmum Sun, Jan-04-04 11:37

Hey me too--inducting today!

That is so neat that you got to meet the Big A himself---I started after he died, but wish I could let him know how much I appreciate opening up this WOL to me.

akapetey Tue, Jan-06-04 00:16

Good luck Marchbaby!

I am also doing induction again, after a month of straying....

I had my 'break' and now it's back to basics.

I'll be right there with you!

Anita

acwakip Tue, Jan-06-04 01:12

I started induction on Sunday and things are going really well so far. I just hope I can stick with it.

I am kicking myself for having lost 27 pounds last spring and gaining it all back plus more. :(

Best of luck to ya!

petcrazed Tue, Jan-06-04 01:15

I am reinducting today too after 2 or 3 weeks of cheating. and man did I ihave cravings today something bad.:(

but i hope this reinduction will help jumpstart me back on wieght loss so i can meet my goal of being 160 by the end of march. :roll:

marchbaby Tue, Jan-06-04 07:18

Induction, DAy 3

So how's everybody doing? I'm ok sticking to the acceptable induction food list, but BOY is it hard staying under 20 carbs! I'm also having a tough time at night when I watch TV and snack, on OWL I had a bowl of nuts (about 5 carbs worth), now I'm having a pickle! Any other Induction friendly snack ideas, other than the allowed 4 oz of cheese or protein?

thanks!

OHGal1415 Tue, Jan-06-04 07:42

Hi, marchbaby!

The '72 version pulled me out of a 5 month stall. I've lost 8 lbs. w/in the last 6 days!
After Weds., I get to add more veggies, if it doesn't knock me out of ketosis.

There is a '72 Atkins support group, if you're interested! :)

marchbaby Tue, Jan-06-04 07:49

Hi Ohgal,

Actually another board I go to is doing a '72 Atkins challenge (lowcarbfriends.com) and I just bought the hardcover book on eBay, should be getting that in the next week or two. May even seriously consider doing it!

Deb294evr Tue, Jan-06-04 08:01

Go to that sites CHALLENGE BOARD... and read the daily72 Challenge thread.. At the very beginning of each day it will show you the rules of Induction... it works GREAT!.... Deb