Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   A Goal Met (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156685)

Breecita Sat, Jan-03-04 12:08

A Goal Met

A long time ago, someone started the "One Thing You'll Miss Least" thread, and I contributed that I would never miss the dread I feel when I get on an airplane and have to buckle the seatbelt.

I returned from my three week vacation today, exhausted and a little sad. It had been a rough family visit, and I was feeling a little down.

I stopped in the bathroom in Detroit and noticed in the mirror that the ties on the sweatpants I was wearing were hanging down an awful lot more than usual. When I looked at the knot, it was an inch and a half away from my stomach. I couldn't believe that I had possibly lost that much weight without noticing... so I shrugged and went off to the next flight.

I hadn't even bothered trying to buckle the seatbelt on the previous flight, because I just couldn't handle any more depression. But out of curiousity, I snapped the belt around my waist, and was amazed when not only it clicked, but I actually had to tighten it.

For the first time in years, I didn't dread the rest of the plane flight home.

The scale still hasn't moved much, but I don't care so much anymore. Because I'm seeing results, and I'm happy.

Thank you everyone for holding me here through the hard parts. I just had my first good part... and I think they're a lot more fun.

maryc Sat, Jan-03-04 12:16

Congratulations!!

That is great!!

liz175 Sat, Jan-03-04 13:04

Congratulations! I used to dread flying and having to ask for a seatbelt extension. Now that I don't have to ask for the extension, flying is somewhat better, although I'll never like it.

Lindazkewl Sat, Jan-03-04 13:11

Very cool!! I'll bet that made you feel a lot better :wiggle: I've only lost a little bit so far, but I just started a week ago, but even now I can notice a bit of difference in the way my clothing fits. Especially in my stomach area :roll: As I mentioned in another post, I imagine that each 5 lbs. I lose is equivalent of another 5 lb. bag of sugar I won't be carrying around! Keep going, grrrrrl :cheer:

MisterE Sat, Jan-03-04 13:25

Bree...you did good, Girl! I am so happy for you!

hummelda Sat, Jan-03-04 14:38

Way to go, Bree. It's the little things sometimes that can make a big difference in how you feel about yourself, isn't it!

I'm sympathetic with the airplane thing. I used to travel fairly often with my job and was expert at the barriers on the airlines (Air Canada had shorter seat belts than Canadian Airlines at the time!)

I don't travel with work any more but will look forward to being able to buckle and not have to worry what airline I am on when I get to take a vacation.

kyrasdad Sat, Jan-03-04 15:48

Congrats, that's a great story. Keep it up!