Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I got picked up! Stupid Girly Post (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156488)

gawdess Fri, Jan-02-04 09:17

I got picked up! Stupid Girly Post

This might sound stupid but I had to share....

My best friend is a guy and he used to weigh around 180, while I used to weigh around 232. Over time my weight has gotten lower (186) and his has gone up due to working out (he is 210 now). I remember late this summer when we had figured out our weights had passed. Anyhow...New Years Eve we had a party and I ended up falling asleep on the couch before midnight. He picked me up and carried me into the bedroom without a problem. I couldnt believe it. Cant say I recall ever having anyone be able to pick me up ever! This is going on my list of things that keep me motivated!!

Marchstart Fri, Jan-02-04 10:13

Very sweet of him to carry you....:) Its a great feeling for sure...my hubby hugs me and lifts me now..and says wow ...there is nothing left of you...I love it..
Way to go....your weightloss is fantastic!!!!!

Janet

adkpam Fri, Jan-02-04 10:51

That's so funny, my husband loves to pick me up now too!
It's is a girlish feeling.

YukonSun Fri, Jan-02-04 11:20

lol thats funny, mine tries to pick me up all the time and I practically throw myself on the ground to prevent it. hehe

smurf Fri, Jan-02-04 13:17

Wow! that is so cool. I wish my husband could pick me up! His friend can.... and does everytime I see him.....................sigh ;)

cheers,
Judi

McBear Fri, Jan-02-04 13:23

I loved your post, Gawdess. It really is the little things like being picked up that can make us feel like we've come so far, accomplished so much and are now living a sweeter life. I can relate - happy to hear that you had a nice moment like that.

Scarlet Fri, Jan-02-04 19:33

Being picked up really is lovely. Its been years since that happened me. I eagerly await it. BTW I hope you two had fun in the bedroom :)

Jade74 Sat, Jan-03-04 07:40

LOL gawdess! I told my dh that when I hit my goal, he can FINALLY carry me over the threshold, after over seven years!

Jenn

serrelind Sat, Jan-03-04 10:00

Yup, it's a nice feeling, isn't it? That's one of my criticals -- the guy has to be able to carry me around LOL. Really helps also that I keep my weight down too for that to happen :D

sydnarella Sat, Jan-03-04 10:04

So Smurt, do you have the friend's number? ;) Just kidding!

MaryToU Sun, Jan-04-04 09:19

I am to afraid to let him, what if he can't? My ego is no where near ready for that!

Wenzday Sun, Jan-04-04 09:36

I always tell ym husband maybe he can when I get to my goal too... It's always made me feel so sad that I can pick him up but he cant pick me up! lol well..not that I would let him try since it would kill him. I still weight 26 pounds more than my husband....getting there though... maybe in a few years I can get carried over the threshold too ;)