Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Baking mix were to buy without ordering? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156312)

surfnmom Thu, Jan-01-04 10:52

Baking mix were to buy without ordering?

Hi, I'm looking for a store to buy eather the atkins bake mix or carbsense bake mix without have to order it online. I am a real cheap person and hate paying the shipping that just as much as the products. Im in the St Louis area, and any help, I would be greatfull

asalvato Thu, Jan-01-04 11:23

I am in central Florida. Here I find the products (various ones at different stores) in Super WalMart, GNC, and Publix (grocery). I have also found Atkins at health food stores.

tamborine Thu, Jan-01-04 11:24

Hi, I'm in NJ and over here we have Atkins bake mix in various supermarkets. Wegman's, ShopRite. Friends have told me that A&P and Stop & Shop are also carrying a variety of locarb items now, too. You could also try GNC or Vitamin Shoppe if they're near you. Or check out a dedicated low-carb store.

MyJourney Thu, Jan-01-04 12:14

If you go to the la tortilla factory website you can put in your zipcode and it will tell you the nearest place near you that sells that tortillas. In my experiences places that sell the tortillas carry several other low carb products as well and usually the bake mix is up there.

they also give phone numbers for you to call and ask.

Kinda backwards way of doing it but it works.

I got mine from the supermarket back before I even began this WOE in october. It is still sitting here unopened lol. I cant really find anything to do with it.

black57 Thu, Jan-01-04 17:23

The drug store down the street just got in a bunch of Atkins stuff, to my chagrin. I know that you can't come to this store but look around and begin requesting this stuff. I am sure that is why this store now carries a line of Atkins products. They have more than the health food store down the street, which claims to be an LC headquarters.

tofi Thu, Jan-01-04 19:37

GNC & WalMart seem to be into the LC stuff business in several countries - US & Canada.

Mac1 Fri, Jan-02-04 12:50

I am a "cheapie" too, and I refuse to buy LC things that I can make myself...you can make your own bake mixes. if you search in the recipe archives, you can find several "Just like Atkins" bake bixes using ingredients found in your local health food store.

HTH
machelle

WendyLynn Fri, Jan-02-04 22:57

srfnmom, I live in St. Louis and got my Atkins baking mix at Natural Way but I have also seen it a some Schnucks and Deirbergs. I would call a few and ask. I think I saw it at the DesPeres Schnucks and at the Brentwood Deirbergs. The Brentwood Deirbergs has the most stuff because they have a whole section for "health food" and somehow they put the Atkins stuff in that catagory. GNC in the malls also carries a bunch of lc stuff but I have noticed that their inventories vary so I would call ahead there to.BUT...we use a number of other lc products that I can either not find here in St. Louis or I can find a better price online. When I buy $50 or over from thebetterhealthstore.com shipping is free. By the time I stock up on O' So Lo rollz and some granola I have met the minimum. So don't write off the internet just because you are trying to save. Sometimes it is the best way to save.

surfnmom Sat, Jan-03-04 06:47

Thank you all for responding

wendylynn I'm across the river and checked out our walmart (it sucks) so I will check out schuncks and walgreens monday. If I can't find it, I will go to the web. I only wanted the bake mix so I could use it for breading (chicken nuggets, steakfingers, shrimp) love fryed breaded foods. Grease is my number 1 food group LOL. I will check out the website you mentioned, and see if I can find $50 dollars worth of stuff, if I strikeout on my side of the river.

Again thank you to all
Cheryl

WendyLynn Sat, Jan-03-04 18:30

Cheryl,don't forget to try GNC. Is there one at St. Claire Square? Good Luck. Wendy