Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ricotta Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=154482)

filmlass23 Thu, Dec-18-03 06:39

Ricotta Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats

I can't remember what website I found this on, but DANG they are good!! When I make them, I make 9 which equals 3 carbs each... (27.66 carbs in the whole recipe)

1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup ricotta (I use the whole milk variety)
12 packets of splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt chocolate, peanut butter, and butter in microwave over low heat. Stir in remaining ingredients and drop onto waxed paper or into cupcake wrappers.

Chill until firm (I pop them in the freezer).

filmlass23 Thu, Dec-18-03 08:19

I just did the math on this (based on values from CalorieKing.com)... for one of 9 treats...

Calories: 122
Fat: 10.2
Net Carbs: 3.55
Protein: 3.44

Iowagirl Thu, Dec-18-03 13:49

Gonna try these for the Xmas get togethers -sound easy! Thanks!

Iowagirl Thu, Dec-18-03 13:52

OK.....here is my plan. I'll make these and put them in MINI cupcake holders, try to find some festive ones.

I assume you used sf peanut butter?

filmlass23 Thu, Dec-18-03 14:04

Oh definitely SF peanut butter... and it took me about 10 minutes to make up the entire thing. Just be sure that they're in the freezer almost up until the point of serving.

I got anxious when I made my first batch and kept trying them at various stages of freezing... the best time was when they were the most solid! Even when totally frozen, they are never hard as rocks b/c of the soft cheese and all the fat... :)

Iowagirl Thu, Dec-18-03 14:09

Oh no - I have a 3 hour drive to the family!

filmlass23 Thu, Dec-18-03 14:14

I'm sure they'd be ok for the drive if you put them in with an ice pack... just be sure to get them right in the freezer when you walk in!

Iowagirl Sun, Dec-21-03 10:09

Ok, for the record - these are great!

I was thinking they would also be good with instant coffee in them for a mocha flavor. But I'd probably eliminate the peanut butter. What do you think that would do to the consistency? Should I just add more ricotta?

filmlass23 Tue, Dec-23-03 12:25

Hmm... sounds cheesy.

I think the PB gives it a lot of its texture. Maybe try some other nut butters? I wonder if even cream cheese would be any good...

Iowagirl Tue, Dec-23-03 12:43

Yeah, I'm thinking cream cheese might be the answer. I checked out another recipe on this thread - the mocha truffles and with cream cheese, this recipe would be awfully similar. I'll give it a shot!

vicster Sun, Jan-09-05 12:12

Splenda amount ?

This sounds delicious. My Splenda is in a box. How do I measure (by tbsp/tsp or cups) are in 12 packets?

Thanks!

Juli_G Wed, Mar-23-05 23:08

Just stumbled across this...sounds great. Thanks! :wave:

GinaLeanne Wed, Mar-23-05 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_G
Just stumbled across this...sounds great. Thanks! :wave:

you know I was not feeling hungry til I read your guys posts......yum :yum:

Juli_G Wed, Mar-23-05 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaLeanne
you know I was not feeling hungry til I read your guys posts......yum :yum: