Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Anyone Care To Join A "No Cheaters" Chat? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153967)

JeannieM Sun, Dec-14-03 17:10

Anyone Care To Join A "No Cheaters" Chat?

I had a really nice chat with some people from here a few weeks ago. But since then, every time I look in the chat room, it's empty.

Are there scheduled chat times? I used to belong to another diet site (back in another life) and they had scheduled chats -- for example, all of the single people would chat on Sundays late at night, and all of the 100+ people would chat on Saturday mornings. Is there anything like that here? If not, would anyone be interested in joining me for a once-weekly "no-cheaters" chat? If so, what time of day/day of the week would be good for you non-cheaters?

By "no cheaters," I don't mean people who haven't ever cheated. I guess I'm referring to the people for whom this WOE is truly a life change, and not just a way to lose a few pounds until they can eat "real food" again.

We don't have to talk about LC though. We could talk about anything -- weather (ugh), the flu (double ugh), our kids, our pets...

Jeannie

MadCabbit Sun, Dec-14-03 17:28

Good Idea

I think that a "scheduled" chat time would be great. Actually, I didnt even know that there was a chat area!! :p I always love talking about everything LC, my BF is really tired of hearing about LC this and LC that. I have a life outside of the wonderful LC world as well, and love to talk about anything. Just let me know what times and I'll sign up!!
Take care,
Leigh

golflady59 Sun, Dec-14-03 17:42

I would love to chat also. Everytime I look in the room it is empty. Mornings around 9:00 usually work for me or Sunday nights. I do work several mornings. But if I think you post a thread when you would maybe scheduling a chat room for say for example: Join us in the chat room at 8:00 p.m. eastern time for a chat on low carb. Then people would be aware and join us. Would need to be several days in advance. Great idea!!!

JeannieM Sun, Dec-14-03 17:53

Donna,

Good point re: scheduling in advance. Sunday nights would probably be pretty good for me too. I'll wait a couple more days and if Sunday doesn't get too hectic, I'll go ahead and propose a chat.

:)

Jeannie

verniebird Sun, Dec-14-03 18:13

Hi Jeannie. I would love a scheduled chat every week. Since I work during the day hours, Sunday eves would be good for me also. Just let me know and I'll be there!

Marieshops Sun, Dec-14-03 18:40

Great idea Jeannie! A scheduled chat time each week would be fun. Sometimes you just need to talk to others following a similar path to your own. Thanks and let me know when. (Nights are best for me, anytime after 8:30)

Marie

lclaura Sun, Dec-14-03 18:48

Hey Guys,
I would love to join too! Sunday nights work for me as well.. I don't know how to do the chat thing though.. let me know if you are going to do it and what i need to do to get in!
Take care!

golflady59 Sun, Dec-14-03 19:58

The chat room is located at the bottom of the very first screen. Where you come in and it lists the different forums. If you scroll clear to bottom, right underneath where it lists what is going on and who is on there is a box that says chat room. Tells you if anyone is on. Would be nice if they could move the chat room up to the top on the first page as so many people miss it and don't even know that it is there. Chatting soon! :)

potatofree Sun, Dec-14-03 20:03

I'm all for having an organized chat time, but don't think we should necessarily limit it to a specific group. Saying somehting like "No Cheaters" would be hard to follow, as someone would first have to define "cheating"..:lol: We've had many a thread regarding THAT....

golflady59 Sun, Dec-14-03 20:07

I agree with potato free. Maybe don't call it no cheat, no one might show up. Actually 2 of us in chat room now!