Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] Weekend BFL Check-in 12/12/03 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153781)

Arnie_g Fri, Dec-12-03 20:19

Weekend BFL Check-in 12/12/03

Hi Everyone,

It was pretty quite on the forum this week, but I think we have a few regulars who are on a BFL break for a little while. I hope you all had a good BFL week.

I was one of those on a break. I had just completed C2, so I have been on my week off and I'm starting to feel a little sluggish. I can't wait to get back at it. I think that for the next two weeks I might just go to the gym and do "whatever". Maybe one week do high reps low weight, then a week of low reps, high weight, or maybe just do a bunch of stuff that I don't get to do on BFL. Basically have a few weeks of a lot less structure. It'll also give me more leeway around the holiday season.

Then on January 6th start Challenge 3 with a vengeance!

Cindy007 Fri, Dec-12-03 21:29

Hi Guys,

Well yesterday was the official end of C1 for me, but since I missed days I'm extending through next week and taking x-mas week off. I've made it in 4 days so far this week and I'm going to go sat and sunday...I want to finish these last 2 weeks w/strong 6 day weeks. I'm pretty satisfied w/my effort in the gym. My eating is ok, but I feel a bit out of control eating wise from a tremendous amount of stress and all the holiday stuff that is setting in. I'm faring ok though.

Have a great weekend everyone. Arnie, enjoy your time off; you earned it.

--Cindy

nitrovixen Sat, Dec-13-03 13:21

12/13/03

Well, this draws week 7 to a close for me. I had my body fat measured at the end of week 3 (didn't do it at the beginning) and today I finally got up the courage to do it again and I lost 4%! That's about 1% a week. Slowly but surely. All progress is good progress. I just wish I could have had it measured on day 1, but I hadn't joined the gym yet.

I'm trying 2 cheat meals this week instead of 1 whole unfettered cheat day. I had a fabulous turkey dinner and a slice of cheesecake (and a few drinks) last night at my work christmas party and plan on doing something low key for sunday's cheat meal, like DiGiorno pizza and maybe a cup of eggnog and a cookie for dessert. I think it is much better than binging all day like I was doing before.
I've been weighing myself throughout the week to see what kind of weight fluctuations happen and I even lost a pound after last nights feast! Now that is livin.

Only 5 more weeks until the challenge is "officially" over, but I'm planning on extending it and taking the week of our honeymoon off. So it will be a 13 week + 2 days challenge (we wont get back until late monday night so I figured I'd do Monday & Tuesday of week 1, C2 at the end of C1)
the only thing that might throw a wrench in my plans is I'm having surgery week 11 and you aren't supposed to do any heavy lifting for 4 WEEKS!! I'm going to see how I can get around that. I would just die if I had to stop my challenge 1/2 way through week 11 when all the major changes are happening!

Great workouts, everyone.

Sheri