Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Protein Power (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Protein Power Pals - Tuesday Dec 9 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153149)

Orang Tue, Dec-09-03 08:18

Protein Power Pals - Tuesday Dec 9

Just saying Hi and starting the thread -- will write more this evening if I'm able to hold my head up after sitting thru a day of testimony.

Congrats to all who are losing. Glad things are going well for most of you - Ellie, find a real football game and see if you can lure hubby off the computer.

Special congrats to Wendy on the new relationship -- I don't believe in coincidences or mistakes -- I think you met the rude bunch at the restuarant because it was time for you to have the conversation it sparked.

Well, I'm off to court -- NRA ball cap, NORML t-shirt, noose necklace and borrowed some blue hair-dye from my grandson :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I could do that, but that would likely land me in the pokey for contempt.

ewinpa Tue, Dec-09-03 09:03

Hi Orang!! A murder trial? How long do you think you will be on the jury?

Back down to 219.5 today but woke up around 3 in the morning with my hip hurting.The weather is about to change here-rain-and I wound up taking a Celebrex this am so the water might come back on. Oh well. I have nicknamed this pound "Pita"-pain-in-the-a**.

Orang Tue, Dec-09-03 11:19

I'm free at last -- at least until next Tuesday. The defendant in the murder case plea bargained down to a lessor charge just prior to the beginning of opening statements.

ewinpa Tue, Dec-09-03 11:38

I thought maybe the defendant had to choose between prison and a Photoshop experience at a certain person's hands :lol: (ok, I've exceeded my tasteless joke quota for today :eek: )

Orang Tue, Dec-09-03 12:53

ewinpa Tue, Dec-09-03 12:56

Once again, I am speechless. I better be, or there will be another picture out here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

sasquatch Tue, Dec-09-03 14:16

Elaine...Quit while you're ahead!!!lol

ORANG..... :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :lol:
(congrats!!)

Back later( hit & run posting from work :nono: )

BawdyWench Tue, Dec-09-03 18:23

Only have a second. It's almost 7:30 pm and I haven't made dinner yet.

Elaine, THANK YOU for the videotape link. That's amazing! As soon as I get more than a minute of free time, I plan on checking it out. I marked it as a "Favorite."

Glad jury duty has been relatively painless. I served last year, and never had to actually attend a trial. The only trial I was picked for, the defendent plea-bargained the morning of the trial so we all went home.

More later.

Orang Tue, Dec-09-03 20:06

Goodness -- Where is everybody?

My diet has been pretty messed up during the jury thing - it was LC mostly - but high fat and probably a bit over on carbs. I also ate LC but too much on Sunday night - church social. Can eat at those now - about 1/4th of the church is LCing - mostly Atkins, but still- it helps.

Elaine (ewinpa)-
did you like your award

Bawdy -
The plea bargain thing also happened in this case. Unfortunately,these case had hung two prior juries - they were very careful about jury selection - took 9 hours Monday and 4 hours this AM.

Rob-
Shhh... quit coaching Elaine - she taking the heat off my favorite PhotoShop subject :D Hmmm... what can I do with the Yeti tomorrow?

How's the snow up your way? I heard rumors of 36" - that would close our schools for at least 3 wks....

Robin, Wendy, Marnie, Dreamer, Shelley (Lisette), PatchLady, Karen, Kristine, Ellie (Chamellie), and others -- Where are y'all hiding?

Lissette Tue, Dec-09-03 20:39

I'M HERE! I'M HERE! :wave:

Just been a busy day, this is the first time that I have gotten on today! Had a school meeting, and we have been busy with our chores, now they start to get longer, and when calving rolls around I will be lucky to even come down here to visit you all! :) Well I chickened out on weighing today, ( I need a weighing intervention!) :agree: We just got home 20 minutes ago and I just finished studying with my ds, fed them, and I have got to get on the old treadie before I let the clock run out, so to speak!

Orang, Glad that you have a short reprieve, maybe this will be a swift trial! I was called in for a murder trial here also, But our indian hired man had filled us in on what had happened,(The girl he was living with's brother was the one murdered), So I was dismissed. :Party: I was fit to be tied anyway, because the only time that I was called fell on my ds's birthday and my parents that I only see every few years was visiting! So you can see how thankful I was that I got out! :) So how are you feeling now? I Love Elaine's new award!!

Elaine, So how is your pounda-pita?? :lol: You know this group, you can NEVER have enough jokes/photo island experiences (taste-less or not!) :lol:

Bw, do are you putting them exercises to good use on your bowflex??

Patchlady, that is interesting about your dancing, I had ballet and (orang, How DID you know) belly dancing for awhile, but we had to move and I could not continue them! That's is great that you are doing that now! :thup:

Well I need to go and put some miles on! (miles on / pounds off????) :lol:

Rob, you best be carefull, I can sense that Orang is having photoisland thought! :eek:

Hello to Ellie,Marnie,Wendy,Black,Dreamer,Kristine, Robin and to everyone else! :roll: