Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   swiss miss? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=152521)

skibunnie Fri, Dec-05-03 12:30

swiss miss?

So i FINALLY found the splenda sweetend smiss miss you guys have been talking about. FOr some reason I thought you said it only had 3 grams of carbs, it actually has 12, and 1 gram of fiber. Has anyone found anything lower then that?

Vpeach Fri, Dec-05-03 12:32

that is the only one i found too! it tastes great!!!!

hey_Neener Fri, Dec-05-03 12:33

Don't get the sugar free-get the Diet Swiss Miss.

potatofree Fri, Dec-05-03 13:43

I couldn't find any that had three net either.

Tedmom Fri, Dec-05-03 13:58

The nutritional info for the Swiss Miss "Diet with Calcium" is:
Cal. 25
Fat 0
Total Carbs: 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 2g
Protein 2g
The "Diet with Calcium" version is different from the "Sugar Free" one and has a pink box around the words, Diet with Calcium on the front of the box. HTH

BlitzedAng Fri, Dec-05-03 14:18

Thanx for the info Tedmom, wa wondering myself. My children love Swiss miss, and this would be a nice change :)

rodmick Fri, Dec-05-03 15:03

Low fat or fat free(dont remember) Nestles has 5 grams.

Dewi Fri, Dec-05-03 19:28

Hello ALL, I just bought Hood's Carb Counter Chocolate Milk and it's pretty darn good, 2 carbs per 8oz glass. It's snowing here in NYC and I zapped some in the microwave and I have to admit its PRETTY DARN GOOD (I know I'm repeating myself!). All it's missing are the marshmallows. What I did to make up for the no marshmallow was spritz some whip cream on top which was 0 carb.

niko52 Fri, Dec-05-03 19:33

I found Nestle fat free cocoa. It has 3 carbs per packet, the lowest I've seen. Very good too.

Lissette Fri, Dec-05-03 23:32

Diet Swiss miss is the ticket, BUT the new Hood's chocolate is great warmed up to!!! I have found the sm to be hard to find, but the hood's is at super walmart! :)

skibunnie Sat, Dec-06-03 17:54

We just got a super walmart, is the lc milk next to the regular milk?

Lissette Sat, Dec-06-03 18:58

Yes it is by the milk, that is where I found it at our SW! :)

MyJourney Sat, Dec-06-03 19:16

is the diet swiss miss and the low fat (fat free) nestly stuff sugar free too?

I am guessing so if the carbs are so low but I can never be too sure.

LadyBelle Sat, Dec-06-03 20:40

The diet swisss miss is sugar free and splenda sweetened. The first ingredient is milk powder though, so if you have a history of problems with lactose procede with care.

The LC milk is by the regular milks. Our Super Walmart only started carrying LC last month though, so there is some chance that your's hasn't caught up yet. If they havn't go in betweeen 8-5 on a week day and ask to speak with the manager of grocery. If they relize there is a market in thier community they may look into providing more things. It is also dependant on vendors in teh area (or at least normal grocery stores are, walmart is a breed unto itself in that area). Here you just can't find LC breads in the supermarkets period. Some places you can get 1 or 2 choices in specialized health food stores, but most of those are a few hours away.

If you can't find the LC milk anywhere, you might look at lactose free milks and goats milk, both of which are moderate carb. They are lower then regular milk but higher then the LC milks.

There is also powdered LC milks you can order online such as KETO. I tried that though and was too utterly disgusted to take more then a sip. The kids wouldn't go near it.

Also check for the soy slender. I think you have said in the past you have used it (can't remember) if not, you can try heating some chocolate slender up.

There are also LC chocolate syrups like hershey, but those ar emostly sugar alcohols.