Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Diet V8 Splash (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=152514)

Ohio Kim Fri, Dec-05-03 11:54

Diet V8 Splash

I have some family who work for Campbells. They are always getting us soups, crackers and other campbells foods that I can't eat anymore. The other day, they picked me some Diet V8 Splash. It has 3 carbs for a 12 oz bottle. It is full of fruit juices, etc., so I am thinking it is probably not too bad to drink. I'm not much of a fruit person, so by drinking a bottle a day or so, I would be getting "good" carbs. What do you think?

Lisa N Fri, Dec-05-03 11:57

Can you post the ingredients? I'm not positive, but I think I looked at a bottle of this stuff in the store a while back and saw high fructose corn syrup listed in the ingredients, although the main sweetener I think is Splenda.

Ohio Kim Fri, Dec-05-03 12:17

I'm sorry. I'm at work and I don't have a bottle here. I was looking on the internet, but can't find anything but the nutritional information.

auburnwife Fri, Dec-05-03 12:55

Yes, diet v8 splash is sweetened with splenda. I can't remember what the carb count was, but I don't think it was too bad. Taste great too!

Hilary M Fri, Dec-05-03 13:22

DH has been looking for an alternative to orange juice, which he really misses. This sounds pretty good...only 3 net carbs per serving, really? For all that fruit juice?

By the way auburnwife...I'm a bama wife! ha!

potatofree Fri, Dec-05-03 13:41

I've tried the Berry Blend, and I love it.

auburnwife Fri, Dec-05-03 13:51

Sorry, Ohio Kim. I guess I skipped over the part where you already knew the carb count. But anyways, Diet V8 splash is great!

War Eagle, Hillary M! =)

LadyBelle Fri, Dec-05-03 15:16

V8 splash is LC and a great source of pottassium. Fruit juices however are very high GI. I would say if you are to the fruits level of OWL, use it. But show moderation and always have some protien with it to minimize impact on gluclose levels.

dayspring Fri, Dec-05-03 18:43

diet v8 splash - tropical blend

ingredients: water, carrot juice from concentrate (water, carrot juice concentrate),fruit juices from concentrate (water, apple juice concentrate, pineapple juice concentrate, kiwi juice concentrate, lime juice concentrate), contains less than 2% of the following: malic acid, natural flovoring, mango puree concentrate, potassium citrate, vitamin c (asorbic acid), vitamin e (alpha tocopheryl acetate), sucralose (splenda brand), acesulfame potassium, beta carotene

serving size: 8 oz
calories: 10
total fat: 0g
sodium: 25mg
potassium: 100mg
total carbs: 3g
sugars 2g
protein: 0g

vitamin a 100%
vitamin c 130%
vitamin e 20%

-----------------------------------

it tastes pretty good. i wouldn't drink the whole bottle at a sitting, but it's a nice change from water. i like to add 8oz of the juice to a tall glass of crushed ice and just sip it.