Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Little battle faught and won- BURN BABY BURN (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=152110)

nursey15 Wed, Dec-03-03 06:17

Little battle faught and won- BURN BABY BURN

starting day 3 of induction this morning. Checked a ketostick (haven't before-figured it was a waste of sticks) and it was in the moderate zone. Last night I woke up to take the myself and the dog out lol to much water for both? and had a tingly feeling in my mouth. I don't have the metalic taste some complain about, but then again I smoke and drink 3-4 liters a day of water. THis WOE is so easy. I thought I would have problems keeping the carb counts down, biggest problem for me is to keep the veggie carbs to a min. and finding something I can eat in the car while working doing homecare nursing. I have some mixed nuts and that is not supposed to be allowed on induction, but sometimes there just isn't anything else. I don's eat many probably less than 1/4c but sometimes I just need that little boost to get me through until I can get something. I'm going to try packing a little better lunch, but some mornings it's hard to get it done with a 4 yr old to get ready too. I'm off thurs and fri and work the weekend, so maybe the next 2 days I can get something going better.

I'm down 4.5 lbs and thats pretty good considering TOM visited the day after I started- so today or tomorrow ought to be a big dump day from that. :agree:

maryc Wed, Dec-03-03 07:55

I get a package of Pepperonis and spread them out on a papertowel on a plate in the microwave for 1 minute or so and it makes them crisp. They are a great low carb crunchy snack. Problem is I could eat the whole package that way. :)

BlitzedAng Wed, Dec-03-03 09:20

maryc.......Oh man that sounds GOOD. Im sold :)

Lilbug Wed, Dec-03-03 11:05

Congrats Nursey!! In the beginning I thought this was going to be hard too, but realized a few days later it's not.

I am normally home for lunch, but next semester when I go back to college, I know some meals are going to be hard to get around!! I haven't quite figure out my plan because I don't know my schedule right now. But I am hoping that my classes won't be during direct times I am used to eating!!

Lilbug

jmayeux79 Wed, Dec-03-03 17:56

Hey Nursey,
I'm new to Atkins too...its not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Congrats on your weight loss! I started a week and a half before Thanksgiving. Even though I cheated on that day, I have restarted my induction and 5 days cheat free. So far I've lost 4 lbs. Can't wait for the whoosh fairy to visit! Best of luck to you-- I know this works. My sister in law went from over 300 lbs to 153 lbs! I know we can do it too!

Jackie