Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   An odd question. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151370)

BlitzedAng Fri, Nov-28-03 17:04

An odd question.

Ok here goes.. When I weigh myself in the morning it says 158, but by afternoon I weigh 163 ? Which is my "correct weight?" I know this sounds silly but Im curious :) Thanx

LilaCotton Fri, Nov-28-03 17:09

Always go for the lower weight! :D

As we go through the day, our body gains 'water' weight and such--drinks we've drank, foods we've eaten, etc. While we sleep, all the excess we didn't get rid of during the day is processed, and we lose a little water through evaporation, etc., so that by morning a lot more of it is ready to be removed from our bodies so we end up weighing less. :)

miabella Fri, Nov-28-03 17:09

If you always weigh in the morning, I would say 158!

tofi Fri, Nov-28-03 19:00

Ignore the weight changes through the day. Coffee, water and food all weigh something.

I can gain 2 pounds about an hour after getting up even if I don't eat. Go figure.

So weigh in the AM when you get out of bed, AFTER visiting the bathroom and with no clothes on. Then stay away from the scale for the rest of the day.

Don't worry about the day-to-day changes. Add them together and average each week - divide the total by 7. That's a better measure of how you are doing.

4beans4me Fri, Nov-28-03 19:05

I only weigh in the morning... as posted above, daily food/water intake will cause it to fluctuate.

maryc Fri, Nov-28-03 20:03

I weigh in on Sunday Mornings. Once a week. I would probably get discouraged it I weighed every day. :)

jen2losew8 Fri, Nov-28-03 20:08

I've done the same thing weighing myself at different times of the day. However, I always count the morning, for the same reasons as everybody has already given! Plus it is always the lowest!!!

black57 Fri, Nov-28-03 21:40

I weigh only in the morning as soon as I get out of bed. I want to help my body as much as I can so I generally, will empty my bladder before weighing in...naked. It is funny how I never noticed this oddity in my weight until now.

Black57

MyJourney Sat, Nov-29-03 08:49

I think I am the only one who doesnt weigh myself naked lol.

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after the bathroom in my PJs.

BlitzedAng Sat, Nov-29-03 12:11

Thanx so much .. I think I will keep the "morning weight" hehehehehe.. I felt dumb asking but ya never know till you ask :)

kadjax Sat, Nov-29-03 14:01

like some of the other posters i always empty my bladder and strip off to weigh myself, and always count the lowest weight ............every little counts....

Birddog Sat, Nov-29-03 14:57

Morning weighting has always been my practice. I've always heard that the best time to weight yourself is first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything and after you empty your bladder.

nowonder Sat, Nov-29-03 15:10

It doesn't matter which weight you choose as "your weight". Just be sure to weigh yourself everyday at the same time. First thing (or second thing :) )in the morning is a good consistent time to check in, it takes a lot of variables out of the equation. Plus, starting out with your lowest weight of the day makes things look better.

--nw